“Great B & B”

Ranked #1 of 3 Landrum B&B and Inns
Augusta, Ga.
“Great B & B”
Reviewed 15 January 2007

The Red Horse Inn in Landrum S.C. is not like alot of Bed and Breakfasts where you feel like you are in someone's house. This B & B allows you to have complete privacy if that's what you desire. The mountain views from the Inn are great. The attention to small details are evident in the rooms and service. This Inn is made for couples wanting some quality time together. The East Room is very nice and comfortable (they claim it's their handicap room but you wouldn't notice). The area has some great restaurants to choose from and great drives into the mountain area's, if you need to leave the Inn!!

• Liked — Privacy and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Blind-Willie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 3 January 2007

We have stayed at the Red Horse Inn for years. We were referred to the Red Horse Inn initially by the folks at the Cliffs of Glassy when we were looking at property in the area. We found the little cottages to be picture perfect and have stayed in nearly every cottage (some multiple times) over the years. We first stayed there in 1998 and have come back as often as we could and have held our company's annual meeting there on several occasions. Mary and Roger could not be more responsive and caring. We have gotten to know them personally. We have even "promoted" the Red Horse Inn in our annual Christmas letter to family/friends which is to a distribution of 150 folks. You can't go wrong at the Red Horse Inn. Patti and Dave Quiring,
Quiring Associates, Inc. in Indianapolis, IN

Stayed December 2006
6 Thank quiring
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 18 November 2006

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at the Red Horse Inn for our honeymoon, and I don't think there was a single detail we'd change. We stayed at the Spring House, and were awestruck upon arrival by the beauty and elegance of the cottage. It was incredibly conducive to just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.
The Inn has rooms in the main Inn and five cottages (I can't address the Inn rooms, but our cottage was great). The cottages all have high ceilings and very simple interiors with lots of white and flowing fabric, and wood floors throughout. Our cottage had a back deck with a hot tub, and it had a fireplace inside in the main room. I think all the cottages and all the rooms have both fireplaces and whirlpool tubs or jacuzzis. The cottage had a small kitchen and there were breakfast foods in the refrigerator. Everything about the cottage was incredibly nice and well thought out.
During the days we traveled nearby mountain roads to look at the fall colors, we hiked one of many local waterfalls, we went on some of the rock outcroppings in the area, and we spent one whole day just visiting local antique and craft shops. There are tons of cool little towns located within 20 or 30 minutes of the inn, and it's not but about an hour to Asheville, which has lots of stuff to do.
The innkeepers are very friendly and helpful, and they definitely try to stay out of their guests' way. They are available if needed, but you won't see them unless you want to. They were very helpful in recommending local restaurants (there are some very good and unique local restaurants not too far away) and daily activities.
Overall, we had an amazing stay at the Red Horse Inn. I would recommend it for any couple (I don't think it's really a place to take kids as much), particularly those who enjoy scenery and outdoor activities. Go there if you want to relax.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank erj549
Mississippi
Reviewed 30 October 2006

My husband and I celebrated my birthday in the Huntbox Cottage at The Red Horse Inn, and it is one I will always remember. I read about the Inn in Southern Living and am so glad I didn't let the "barnqueen" discourage me from booking a stay. Contrary to her experience, ours was wonderful! I had read everything about the Inn on their website, so I was not surprised by any of their policies. My husband and I appreciated so much the privacy we enjoyed while we were there. We always knew that if we needed anything, we could find the innkeepers, but otherwise, they really didn't bother us. I thought the foods provided for our breakfasts were wonderful. The muffins, orange juice, and fruit were great and it was nice that we could eat them whenever we wished. We even had a chocolate muffin to celebrate my birthday. We ate our lunches and dinners at the area restaurants and were for the most part very pleased. We stayed on a Sunday night, and there are not a lot of places open on Sunday, so our meals that day were a bit of a disappointment.

I highly recommend The Red Horse Inn. We will certainly try to return sometime for another stay.

• Liked — the privacy
  • Disliked — no restaurant on site
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mrphil
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 24 May 2006

My husband and I went to The Red Horse Inn for our 1st anniversary. From the moment we arrived, we were relaxed. Romance filled the air. The grounds, the Inn, the room, and the view were wonderful. We highly recommend a stay with Mary and Roger.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank SaraAsheville
orlando
Reviewed 1 June 2005

My boyfriend and I found this inn on the interent and traveled from florida for a weekend away. It is an amazing bed and breakfast. The website does not do it justice. This was our first trip together and one we will not forget. We stayed in the Aviary, which had a beautiful jacuzzi tub, a king bed, a fireplace, sitting area, and beautiful views of the mountains. This was actually the only available room and not the one we oringally wanted but it was still amazing. It was very romantic. It was only 99$ a night and definately worth a lot more. For the price we paid, we recieved so much more in return!!! The innkeepers were very helpful in letting us know about the area. They gave us a great area to climb the mountains and see the waterfalls. We took a horseback ride around the property. That was my favorite. The scenery of the mountains is gorgeous and the inn is so clean and romantic and nice. I would return in a heatbeat. My boyfriend and I are thinking of going back for christmas this year and staying in a cottage. Amazing! This place is A MUST!

• Stayed February 2004
8 Thank emichele22
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 January 2004

This is truly a wonderful retreat from the stresses of life. We were greeted the moment we arrived by Mary who checked us in and then helped us with our bags to our room, the Aviary. Once inside she showed us all the ammenities of the rooms. Never have we stayed in such a nice room. It included a gas fireplace with a sitting area, jacuzzi tub, king size bed, 4 window seats, large bath, and a kitchenette. Nothing was left to chance. We enjoyed breakfast in bed each morning from the wonderful choice of goodies left in our room each evening. We arrived on 12-31-03 and the only time we turned on the television on for the next three days was to watch the new year come in. On New Years day most of the area restaurants were closed so Mary Fixed us a wonderful gourmet meal and Roger served us. This was great being the only people in the dining area, very romantic. We had an opportunity to view some of the property on horseback, beautiful surroundings. They lined up an in room massage for us as well which was great. They also made wonderful recommendations for restaurants and sight seeing opportunities. The house itself was amazing even though this is a new house the attention to detail to give it that old house feeling down to the wide board floors in the bath being nailed with cut nails. I could not find one thing that was lacking....We will definately be back!!!!

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landrum
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
1906 Pine Crest Inn
1906 Pine Crest Inn
#1 of 2 in Tryon
Saluda Mountain Lodge

Been to The Red Horse Inn? Share your experiences!