“Outstanding quality and attention to detail.”
Review of The Red Horse Inn

The Red Horse Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Landrum B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We sought a quiet, but beautiful retreat with great views, tasteful surroundings and a pleasant, thoughtful staff - The Red Horse Inn gets top marks from us on all counts!. It probably would be wonderful to stay here at any time, but to come when fall color is best is a real treat!
Sharon and Howard
Pontre Vedra, FL

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2010

this is the perfect place to get away for the weekend. great service from mary and roger. we stayed in the gables room, which def has the amazing views it boasts in its description. highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

There are very few words to describe how wonderful the Red Horse is. My new wife and I wanted a low key, quaint wedding and what we got was far and away more than we could ever have imagined or wished for. Roger and Mary were beyond a doubt the very best host's we could ever ask for. From the very beginning of our weekend to the end, we were treated like royalty. The entire weekend was so perfect in every sense of the word. The setting, the relaxing atmosphere, the gourmet food, the attention to subtle detail, and the spacious and charming facilities were the very best. We look forward to many more visits to this very special place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2010

It was my unmitigateed joy and unbelievalbe good fortune to chance upon this little piece of heaven tucked in the NC/SC mountains. The lovely Inn, the splendor of the Gable Suite, the majestic mountain views, the incomporable beauty of the sunrise from my balcony, and the graciousness of the hosts made for a serene and tranquil experience that I will want to visit again and again. I cannot think of a more lovely place to spend a wedding night, a honeymoon, or an anniversary get-a-way than the Red Horse Inn, a true treasure. LY

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My fiancee termed it a "dream".... a magical place to forget the world....and she was right in every way.

I have known of The Red Horse Inn for years from a visit long ago and have never hesitated to provide a resounding recommendation and referral to everyone looking for that one place to take that Special Someone in their lives...and I have never been wrong or heard a bad response from those that took my advice and went. To a person, they remarked how right I was.

Now..I have that ONE Special Lady in my life...and took her to the one place I knew would bring her a smile and a wonderful respite from work, etc....and she summed up the entire weekend the moment she arrived at both the main inn and met Mary and Roger...and as she walked into the Grainery cottage and was awestruck at its beauty.

We spent four days and three nights at The Red Horse Inn and every night....she remarked that in all her life...she has never been to such a place...and such surroundings...and simply called it magical and wonderous....a fairy tale place.

I couldn't have agreed more.

Mary and Roger made our experience that much more as they treat their guests as friends more than patrons. They take the TIME to make every guest special...and am happy that they made my fiancee and I so welcome.

They made excellent suggestions as to places to see which we DID take them up on on several points....meeting with great results in finding those special out-of-the-way places that help add special memories. We visited the Mountain Inn at Caesar's Head State Park and the Victorian Vineyard along with a trip to Hendersonville just in time to see the NC Apple Festival.

What little we required....Mary and Roger were there....ever present in the background quietly handling anything I requested.

I have travelled for years....and my visit to The Red Horse Inn did not disappoint.

It is truly a quiet magical place for you to forget the outside world....and remember that most important part of your life....your partner/spouse/love. To place The Red Horse Inn into a category of "romantic" is a major understatement.

I would gladly and wholeheartedly recommend The Red Horse Inn to anyone who would listen.

We plan to return often....and happily.

Make your own fairy tale getaway....and let Mary and Roger and The Red Horse Inn make that happen for you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

My husband and I stayed in one of the cottages and had a wonderful time. The Inn and the Cottages are immaculate and so well appointed. Mary the owner greeted us upon our arrival and gave us all of the information needed for a wonderful stay. The photos do not even do this wonderful place justice. It is so beautiful, quiet and peaceful. If you want to get away this is the place I would recommend it to everyone. Cannot wait to go back again.

Cathy and John
Boca Raton, Florida

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The Red Horse Inn is located just outside of beautiful Landrum, SC. The innkeepers, Mary and Roger, provide their guests with top-notch service, excellent recommendations for day trips, and good enjoyable conversation. The room my wife and I stayed in was beautiful and comfortable. The meal we recieved at the Inn was delicious. After hiking up Pearson's Falls on Mary's recommendtion, we were able to wander around the property until supper time. You will have the opportunity to relax and rest at the Red Horse Inn. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landrum
Mountain Lodge
Mountain Lodge
#2 of 6 in Flat Rock
1906 Pine Crest Inn
1906 Pine Crest Inn
#1 of 2 in Tryon
Glassy View Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Red Horse Inn? Share your experiences!