“Never Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Stone Soup is a casual fine dining establishment focused on hospitality and community. Nestled in the Carolina foothills of Landrum, South Carolina our restaurant is surrounded by beauty. Just as many regulars as visitors pass through our doors and each one is treated like family. If you're looking for a few drinks with friends, a dinner with the family, or a quiet date Stone Soup is here to cater to you.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten at Stone Soup several times as we travel through the area. I need to eat Gluten Free, and while there is not a separate gluten free menu, Suzanne (the owner) and Justine (the chef) are willing and able to accommodate me. This last time both my husband and I had fish, me trout, he flounder (both gluten free) and both wonderful. We cleaned our plates. The service is good and on this night there was live guitar music. We enjoyed our meal so much we had lunch there the next day. The lamb burger was outstanding. If you haven't been there go!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've been to Stone Soup many times but the last three times have been disappointing. Tonight the She-Crab Soup was so rich I couldn't eat it and the crab cakes tasted like tuna.

There are so few restaurants in Landrum and I hate to have this one drop off my list but I think I've given it ample opportunity to show improvement.

3  Thank Lori R
Reviewed 22 June 2014

While spending a couple of nights outside of Landrum, my husband and I decided (based on recommendations) to try Stone Soup for dinner. Our server Kelly was wonderful and our dinner was absolutely delicious. We both had fish that was seasoned and cooked to perfection. The chef, Justin, came out to make sure we enjoyed our dinner and we were so impressed with his enthusiasm and personal touch. Just minutes off I-26, this unexpected secret will definitely be a destination while traveling. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Both men ordered North Carolina Flounder with crabmeat (very good), and both ladies ordered Shrimp with tomatoes, capers over Angel Hair pasta (very good). All were pleased with portion size. Called earlier to check the dinner hour (reservation not mentioned) and upon arriving the hostess appeared put out we didn't have a reservation. Tables all reserved except for one outdoors, which we accepted. Outdoor seating looked haphazard and unkept. Seated on one quite rusty metal chair; gnats were bothersome. Our waitress (Anna) was pleasant, prompt and served beverages and entrees as ordered. Next time will make a reservation and dine inside.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a great find in a small town like Landrum.
Quality and selection are tops.
Appetizers are just the beginning of a wonderful meal.
Love to eat here every time we visit Barking Fox Farm and Guest House on our anniversary.

1  Thank George P