“Impressive New Chef and Menu”

Stone Soup Market & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Stone Soup is a casual fine dining establishment focused on hospitality and community. Nestled in the Carolina foothills of Landrum, South Carolina our restaurant is surrounded by beauty. Just as many regulars as visitors pass through our doors and each one is treated like family. If you're looking for a few drinks with friends, a dinner with the family, or a quiet date Stone Soup is here to cater to you.
“Impressive New Chef and Menu”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I are notorious "foodies" and had heard good things about the new chef at Stone Soup and decided to check it out last Saturday evening when the line to another popular Landrum eatery was out the door at 7:30 PM making our choice an easy one. We had eaten here before to spotty service with long wait times so were not sure what to expect. I ordered a mojito cocktail and my wife had the La Crema chardonnay which was not as cool as expected so when I asked the bartender to chill the glass, he promptly opened a new chilled bottle to my surprise. Entrees were Chicken Isabella with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes on a bed of baby spinach and two generous sized crabcakes in a lemon buerre blanc sauce with a grilled squash and red pepper medley, a small spinach salad and cheesy smoked gouda grits. I struggled to finish the crab cake entree and then topped off our dinner with a large slice of coconut and lemon curd cake that was a tad dry but was still very flavorful. Our waitress was new and very good as was the support staff making sure glasses were filled which was a welcome change from our previous experience. The tab was $59 before tip for an outstanding dining experience. Even the alfresco dining outside looked appealing with lights strung but could use a privacy fence on the highway to block the traffic noise and make the space more inviting.

• Visited August 2014

“Best dinner spot in foothills”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here last Saturday night with family. Everything was incredible. We devoured the fried green tomato/pimento cheese appetizer. Everyone loved their entrees (salmon, trout, crabcakes, prime rib). My trout was best I've ever had. The side for the evening was gouda grits. ..yum! Save room for dessert...blackberry cobbler is where it's at:) Expect entrees to be $15-25. Leave the kids at home if you can and enjoy your evening out!

“Small town feel but big city results”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My son was getting married near Landrum, SC, and my wife and I looked up restaurants and saw The Stone Soup. We contacted Suzanne (the owner) and set up the rehearsal dinner without even visiting the restaurant. We arrived to find everything set up and waiting for us exactly as promised. The food was unbelievable and Anna and Travis were the best with regard to taking care of the party! I cannot imagine better food or better service and will visit there regularly from now on! This was the best decision that we could have ever made and I recommend this restaurant to anyone that can make the trip!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Never Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten at Stone Soup several times as we travel through the area. I need to eat Gluten Free, and while there is not a separate gluten free menu, Suzanne (the owner) and Justine (the chef) are willing and able to accommodate me. This last time both my husband and I had fish, me trout, he flounder (both gluten free) and both wonderful. We cleaned our plates. The service is good and on this night there was live guitar music. We enjoyed our meal so much we had lunch there the next day. The lamb burger was outstanding. If you haven't been there go!

Landrum, South Carolina
“Third time...not so charming”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've been to Stone Soup many times but the last three times have been disappointing. Tonight the She-Crab Soup was so rich I couldn't eat it and the crab cakes tasted like tuna.

There are so few restaurants in Landrum and I hate to have this one drop off my list but I think I've given it ample opportunity to show improvement.

3 Thank Lori H