“Incredible food and fabulous ambiance”

Stone Soup Market & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stone Soup is a casual fine dining establishment focused on hospitality and community. Nestled in the Carolina foothills of Landrum, South Carolina our restaurant is surrounded by beauty. Just as many regulars as visitors pass through our doors and each one is treated like family. If you're looking for a few drinks with friends, a dinner with the family, or a quiet date Stone Soup is here to cater to you.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were visiting The Red Horse Inn (incredible Inn) and our hosts recommend Stone Soup. We are so glad that we took them up on their suggestion, it was quaint, unique and absolutely fabulous! We say outside with colored table clothes in garden type setting! The server we had was superb. She was professional, efficient yet friendly. We had eaten a late lunch so we were not that hungry but we had heard such high praise we wanted to give it a try. We will most certainly go back as the food was delicious!!!!!! Our only complaint is that we were so full that we didn't get to completely enjoy how wonderful the food was. We definitely plan to go back and bring friends. It is a gem in a small town!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I are notorious "foodies" and had heard good things about the new chef at Stone Soup and decided to check it out last Saturday evening when the line to another popular Landrum eatery was out the door at 7:30 PM making our choice an easy one. We had eaten here before to spotty service with long wait times so were not sure what to expect. I ordered a mojito cocktail and my wife had the La Crema chardonnay which was not as cool as expected so when I asked the bartender to chill the glass, he promptly opened a new chilled bottle to my surprise. Entrees were Chicken Isabella with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes on a bed of baby spinach and two generous sized crabcakes in a lemon buerre blanc sauce with a grilled squash and red pepper medley, a small spinach salad and cheesy smoked gouda grits. I struggled to finish the crab cake entree and then topped off our dinner with a large slice of coconut and lemon curd cake that was a tad dry but was still very flavorful. Our waitress was new and very good as was the support staff making sure glasses were filled which was a welcome change from our previous experience. The tab was $59 before tip for an outstanding dining experience. Even the alfresco dining outside looked appealing with lights strung but could use a privacy fence on the highway to block the traffic noise and make the space more inviting.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here last Saturday night with family. Everything was incredible. We devoured the fried green tomato/pimento cheese appetizer. Everyone loved their entrees (salmon, trout, crabcakes, prime rib). My trout was best I've ever had. The side for the evening was gouda grits. ..yum! Save room for dessert...blackberry cobbler is where it's at:) Expect entrees to be $15-25. Leave the kids at home if you can and enjoy your evening out!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My son was getting married near Landrum, SC, and my wife and I looked up restaurants and saw The Stone Soup. We contacted Suzanne (the owner) and set up the rehearsal dinner without even visiting the restaurant. We arrived to find everything set up and waiting for us exactly as promised. The food was unbelievable and Anna and Travis were the best with regard to taking care of the party! I cannot imagine better food or better service and will visit there regularly from now on! This was the best decision that we could have ever made and I recommend this restaurant to anyone that can make the trip!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten at Stone Soup several times as we travel through the area. I need to eat Gluten Free, and while there is not a separate gluten free menu, Suzanne (the owner) and Justine (the chef) are willing and able to accommodate me. This last time both my husband and I had fish, me trout, he flounder (both gluten free) and both wonderful. We cleaned our plates. The service is good and on this night there was live guitar music. We enjoyed our meal so much we had lunch there the next day. The lamb burger was outstanding. If you haven't been there go!