“Excellent room, moderate price”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Latta
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very clean, comfortable room. Price of $100 reflects the quality of the hotel and room. Business office with up to date computer was available and working. The price was higher than I usually like to pay, but other hotels in the area had bad reviews and this hotel offered a good price for a room that approached the quality of a higher end hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was probably one of the worse stops ever. I called the front desk for extra towels, and was given the 3rd. degree when towels were delivered. No amenities in bathroom, when asked for I received 2 vey tiny bottles of shampoo. Not friendly at all. I felt like they thought I was gong to steal the towels. Could not find a decent restaurant to eat, and had to settle for a take out sandwich. The bathroom was dirty and had damaged walls. the hotel was not filled to capacity, so I was shocked that they would give us a room that was not up to B.W. standards I would not recommend this place unless they get it cleaned up

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy D, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Lee6060,
I would personally like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843-752-5060.

Warm Regards,

Roy D'Souza

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We drove from Jacksonville Fl to Richmond VA and chose this hotel for its location - near the SC/NC State line, and about half way. We selected the hotel from a discount coupon booklet and got a nice rate. Based on some of the previous reviewers, we asked for a room away from the Interstate and travel plaza. The woman who checked us in was very helpful and put us on the second floor in the back, as requested. As it happens, the highway on the south side of the hotel is also quite busy, but the noise was acceptable.
The room was clean and well appointed and the bathroom spacious enough for my wife an I to share the vanity. The flat screen TV gave a great picture and the cable selection was good.
Breakfast was nice. We are cereal and coffee people so did not try the biscuits & gravy, but they looked pretty good.
At check out, we asked about an ongoing Best Western promotion and the woman at the desk was extremely helpful in getting everything taken care of.
So, why four stars and not five?
Location and what's around. This exit is isolated and there are only a handful of places to eat - all of which are fast food. Even the truck travel plazas had only afst food - the Flying J looked like it had at one time had a sit down restaurant, but it was closed.
The hotel was great and if you are just looking for a place to overnight and are not concerned about dining or entertainment options - this is a great choice!

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel away from the interstate and truck plaza noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BoilerMakerBob
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Halfway to our destination we decided to spend the night in this hotel. Checked-in on April 17, 2014, around 9:30 pm. Manager at the reception was GREAT. Professional in the way he conducted his job.Our room was clean. The bed, floor, bathroom, everything was neat and tidy. The linens and towels smell fresh and clean I meticuluosly checked every nook or corner just something that I can point on as a negative... but nothing is amiss. Even the swimming pool and the parking lot it is safe. There are security cameras everywhere. Almost Perfect !

Room Tip: Just Stay there, you will be happy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AikenJoshAndrew
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel, while close to the interstate, was a bit secluded from other amenities, but was clean and comfortable for our family of four (all adults). Staff were very attentive and recommended an excellent local restaurant a few miles away for dinner and even printed out the directions. Only towels for three in the room, but they were quick to provide more on request. A decent breakfast and we were on our way feeling refreshed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas H
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Overall, my 3, 4 day stay was decent. Initially, my only complaints were NOISE. The hotel sits directly next to I-95. (You know it by the noise.) The internet was slow at times, but usable. The bed was VERY OLD and dipped in the middle.

Mr D'Spouza is very nice!

I was prepared to say the hotel was really clean... that is until the morning I was showering to head to the airport and leave. There was a roach in the bathroom... (I'm now hoping that was the only one.) That ruined the entire stay.

ONE is too many. Because of that roach, not sure if I'd stay again.

Coffee tasted burned, but hey.. it's free.

Room Tip: Right off of I-95 and a truck-stop.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DCWh0dat
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our room, service, breakfast, etc. was excellent but sausage or bacon on the menu would have been great. The only problem we encountered was noisy guests in room above. It sounded like they had a small pony running around the room late at night and in the early morning. We do understand there isn't much a hotel can do to correct inconsiderate guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latta
Quality Inn Dillon
Quality Inn Dillon
#1 of 7 in Dillon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
#1 of 3 in Mullins
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Florence

Been to Best Western Executive Inn? Share your experiences!