“A Poor Representative of Best Western”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Latta
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were driving from VA to SC for a family reunion and opted to stay at this facility because of prior experiences with Best Western in Virginia and at other places. We were given room #114 that was right across from the front desk next to the elevator. It was a horrible stay!

The room was dirty, there was: fungus growing in the toilet; someones hair caught in the blow dryer; the carpet was dirty and there was a large damp liquid stain near the bed; there was a crushed bug on the wall next to one of the beds; a pillow case had mascara on it; one of the 2 water bottles that were in the small refrigerator was opened and partially consumed. If I had to guess, this room was likely used by staff when things were quiet or perhaps friends of the staff.

Between the elevators going up and down, the cycling of the air conditioning unit, and the staff talking just outside the door, we got very little sleep. The walls were so thin that we could also hear traffic drive by and we were not on a side of the building directly adjacent to the road. In addition, the breakfast was very scaled down compared to offering in other Best Western properties. Overall, I was stunned at the poor condition of this musty smelling property for which we paid almost $100 for the night. On the positive side, the staff were very nice but that is about all that we can say that was a positive aspect of our stay here.

1  Thank D C
Roy D, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear D C,
I would personally like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843-752-5060.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is our first time at this location. We had a very favorable experience staying here. Our rooms was located right off the lobby. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel is located right off of I95. A gas station and Wendys neighbors this property. The check in employee was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a very clean hotel with good customer service. Would be better if the rates were a little cheaper. Overall a nice hotel. I would recommend this hotel to other people. the check in/check out eperience was a breeze. It was really a quiet hotel and everyone was very friendly

Reviewed 19 June 2014

After a 11 hour drive, we were ready to stop prior to the insanity of the Myrtle Beach area. This hotel was great! Wonderful staff! Wonderful rooms! Nice breakfast bar! Plenty of fast food nearby and a FANTASTIC pizza house in Latta that the front desk recommended for us! This BW is 75 minutes from Myrtle Beach/Litchfield and was perfect for us. We had 3 rooms and had plenty of room, plenty of rest and an absolutely first rate experience here! Easy access off I-95 or Rt 38. VERY reasonable rates as well!

2  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Smoking odor was so bad the hall reeked and the bed skirt had cigarette burns in it. It was CLEARLY marked as a non-smoking room. The odor was so overwhelming that we left after 2 nights instead of staying the full 5 days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Roy D, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Day H,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very clean, comfortable room. Price of $100 reflects the quality of the hotel and room. Business office with up to date computer was available and working. The price was higher than I usually like to pay, but other hotels in the area had bad reviews and this hotel offered a good price for a room that approached the quality of a higher end hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was probably one of the worse stops ever. I called the front desk for extra towels, and was given the 3rd. degree when towels were delivered. No amenities in bathroom, when asked for I received 2 vey tiny bottles of shampoo. Not friendly at all. I felt like they thought I was gong to steal the towels. Could not find a decent restaurant to eat, and had to settle for a take out sandwich. The bathroom was dirty and had damaged walls. the hotel was not filled to capacity, so I was shocked that they would give us a room that was not up to B.W. standards I would not recommend this place unless they get it cleaned up

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy D, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Lee6060,

Roy D'Souza

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latta
Quality Inn Dillon
Baymont Inn & Suites Florence
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#15 of 41 in Florence

Been to Best Western Executive Inn? Share your experiences!