“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Nice people, Clean Rooms and Great Breakfast are just a few reasons to stay at this hotel. I would and will stay again next time i'm in town. I give this hotel a 100 all the way around. If you are looking for a great place to stay and a great value thin this is your place.

Room Tip: go through priceline and name your own price
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I rate it nothing less than top notch in service and rooms. I used the property for a 4-week residential management training for a class of 14 trainees. The rooms met the needs for company-required double occupancy. My trainees raved about the breakfast service. They expressed that any concern, no matter how small, was immediately and adequately addressed. The hotel staff was helpful and competent. The conference room was of good size for small group exercises. The location allowed access to major department store chains and chain restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel for business and/or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Was on a trip or business and made a last minute decision to stay in Lexington. This hotel is in need of updating. The lobby area needs a major revamp and could a bit cleaner. Rooms were standard and also could use an update. Even the sheets looked a little worn. With that said rooms were clean and quiet.

Did not try breakfast because I was in a hurry, so just grabbed some fruit. It looked like a standard Holday Inn Express breakfast.

I found the front desk clerk to be friendly, but lacking. I asked to see an area map, and there were none available. Then they were not helpful to another guest that needed directions to the airport. She did not know how to get to the airport? This area is a vacation area with Lake Murray close by. I feel the staff should be able to assist visitors a bit more.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 October 2011

From the outside, this appeared to be a first generation Hampton Inn that was converted to a Holiday Inn Express so we were a little skeptical at first. It is located behind a row of commercial properties on a busy artery, so it was a bit difficult to find late at night. Judging by the size of the mature landscaping (which was nice, by the way), it's about 20 years old. Inside, it is very well maintained and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We felt right at home. the bedding was very nice and the flat screen TV had reasonable viewing options (although they were grainy - not HD). It was a traditional 'old school' hotel room layout with two beds and a lamp in between. I would've preferred more separation or a partial room divider (we were traveling with a teenager). Breakfast had good options - lots of weekend soccer teams and traveling retirees. It is a very upscale suburban community. The property seemed to appeal to a broad range of people.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I travel for business all over south east. The staff (Especially Julie ) is always gracious, professional and respectful.
The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed is comfortable. I always remember the work desk at this hotel while working on narrow work desks at some other hotels, work desk here is broader then most other hotels, it makes my work so much more convenient since I have lot of papers to deal with along with my laptop.
I like the fact that hotel is located in downtown Lexington with restaurants and stores steps from the door. I prefer such inside city locations compared to exit ramp so it makes my evenings more enjoyable.
hotel has nice calm, quiet and pleasant environment, perfect to relax after a long day of work.
In nutshell, it's excellent staff, clean large rooms, great location and reasonable rates

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and I were just passing through SC on our way to New Orleans and decided to stay in Lexington as it was getting late afternoon. I had enough hotel reward points for this Holiday Inn Express but wanted to see the hotel before I booked. As we were getting closer (using my GPS), I kept saying "what a beautiful town"! It looked manicured and just lovely. I mentioned to the gentleman at the front desk of the hotel how much I loved the look of the town. He asked if I had been down Main Street, which I had not. I ASSUME he meant that too was beautiful. I don't know about sightseeing there as we left early morning, but the hotel was quite nice and clean and appeared to be fairly new (don't know for sure). I would definitely stay there again if ever passing through. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This hotel was outstanding. The building itself is probably a bit nicer than other holiday Inn express and suites at which I have stayed. This hotel's distinct difference however was the staff. Everyone we interacted with was incredible. All very helpful! The most amazing part of our stay was the woman who runs the breakfast area. My kids fell in love with her and she was amazing! It's the little things that make a hotel worthwhile and this woman made us feel right at home.

The rooms were excellent and well maintained. I would definitely encourage people to stay at this property.It is located in downtown Lexington, Within walking distance to restaurants and stores. Price was very competitive and for what you get at this property your dollar goes much further.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pp1974
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!