“Will be back”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Will be back”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

check-in as expected was easy and convenient.
Lobby was very nice and welcoming, front desk person suggested a nice local barbeque restaurant for dinner.
Rooms were clean and very nicely appointed. this was my first visit to Lexington and i was very pleased with my stay here, I will stay at this hotel on all my future visits to Lexington.
Starbucks adjoining to the hotel was extremely convenient as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was the first time we had ever stayed at this location and it had received good reviews. The check in staff was very nice. They upgraded us to room 301. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm. Once we got to the room, we were very disappointed in the condition and appearance of the room and hallway. The hallway had several areas of peeling wallpaper and what looked like mold. The room had the same problem and stains on the ceiling on what appeared to be a leak. The morning we checked out I had 4 bug bite marks on one foot that could have been bed bug bites. I did not inspect the mattress. The worse part was down on of the bedroom walls nearest the right side what look like BLOOD spatter down the wall. This was VERY disgusting. It looked like the room was not well taken care of. THIS WAS A UPGRADE? During checkout I asked for the Manager. The manager was not available, but a man that said he was the Accountant came out to talk with me. I explained to him all my concerns and he assured me that the Manager would be in contact with me. It has been 7 days and have not heard from the MANAGER. VERY DISSAPOinted that I HAD to PAY OVER $120 for this room. I wold be EMBARRASSED to rent this room to anyone much less as a UPGRADE to a PLATINUM Reward member. ROOM 301. DO NOT STAY at this hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 301.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We booked a one night stay in this hotel at the beginning of September 2012 on our way back to Canada after our cruise. From Port Canaveral, we reached this location in about 8 hours. We got this hotel for about $60 plus tax through hotwire. The room was spacious and included 2 queen beds, a microwave and mini refrigerator. Our room was on the third floor. There was only one elevator servicing the building. For the night we stayed, it was not a problem. Our room was very clean and it appeared the room was renovated recently. Internet was free through wifi. Connection speed was good.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. As well, there is a Walmart across the street.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was adequate. It included the usual eggs, sausages, pancakes, muffins, cereals and fruits. Coffee and tea were available all day. We would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed here while in the area and was very pleased. Kim and Julie were both extremely pleasant and helpful, obviously very guest service oriented! They both made me feel right at home. The location was easy to find, near lots of shopping and restaurants, with plenty of parking available. The room was attractive and clean, and had everything that you could need. The bathroom was also clean, and had plenty of room. Did not have the complimentary breakfast as I was running late, but it appeared to be well stocked, and looked inviting. I would not hesitate to stay here on another trip. Again, I want to thank Kim and Julie for their hospitality and friendliness!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Murray2417
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is our sixth stay at the Holiday Inn Lexington SC and as ever the rooms are clean, the staff polite cheerful and helpful; particularly at the front desk and the buffet breakfast excellent. It is a great place to stay if you are visiting Columbia or anywhere else in South Carolina. Charleston is about a one hour forty-five minute drive. There is plenty of choice of restaurants near by as well as a shopping centre with Walmart, TJ Max, Publix, dress barn etc. Down Town Columbia is about 20 minute drive for serious shopping and Lake Murray is 10 minutes drive. 15 minutes from Columbia Metropolitan airport. The hotel although a chain has a family atmosphere. The Swimming Pool was clean as was the whole pool area.

Room Tip: For a family of 4 the most spacious room is on top floor, over looking the front of the hotel. The...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Collinsville, IL
Reviewed 23 August 2012

OMG, where do I start? I wish I had read the reviews on this hotel, I mistakenly assumed that because I had stayed at other HIE express locations and been satisfied this experience would have been the same. Not so.

The carpet is stained throughout the property, common areas as well as guest rooms. The PTac A/C units are loud and squeel and screech all night long. The hotel hallways appear to have not been vacuumed any time recently, the hotel smells of cigarettes throughout. The rooms smell like cigarettes masked by air freshener.

The night clerk, "Bob" is as clueless as they come. I asked for a room change and he did not check to see if the second one was any better.

So unhappy, I would rather sleep in my car and may do just that.

Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Barbara D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's disappointing to hear about your experience at our hotel. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We previously stayed in Columbia SC Holiday Inn Express. We expected much better accommodations based on our previous experience. When I called about where to plug in our coffee maker they said that we would have to move it since there was no available electricity to it. There were no linens for the sofa sleeper. Only one ice machine for 3 floors. Pool was green and dirty...... sauna and steam room locked and unavailable. Stains on the dust ruffles on the beds......nastiness on the handicap bars in the bathroom. Don't waste your money on these accommodations......RUN to the nearest available!

Room Tip: Smoker and no smoker rooms mixed on the same hall....can smell smoke.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BrookeSShaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!