“You don't need to pay full price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Greenville, S.C.
“You don't need to pay full price”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I went on-line to bid what I would pay for a 15 night stay and this was the only hotel with the website I was using that accepted my bid. I paid less than half the advertised price. The hotel is old which explains some of the comments about smell, stained carpet, etc. If you're paying full price you can do better in the Columbia area. Having said that, the room was clean, bug-free, and quiet. The bed was comfortable, the shower hot, the breakfast pretty good and the staff excellent.
Actually the worst part of the stay was the rush hour traffic on Sunset Blvd.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank asdfgH7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Very nice lobby, reminded me of a small ski lodge. Really nice rooms and very clean! The staff was very helpful in what ever I needed. I would definitely suggest this location to all my family and friends. Will be back very soon.

Room Tip: The king size bed was wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dianne C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed here for 2 days, staff was welcoming, very clean rooms and convenient location. Walmart across the street from hotel made big difference. night i checked in, I was wondering around in walmart since it was right across and picked up few candies and small snacks for my presentation next day. I think my clients were happy since i had some candies to keep them awake while they listen to me :-)
also, walk way to starbucks from hotel parking lot was also very nice and convenient.
i would recommend this hotel to any business travelers like myself who needs little something around hotel for evenings while away from home for work.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chuck P
Monroe, Georgia
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I travel a lot for work, but was here for leisure and was very pleased with my stay here. The staff was nice and friendly, the rooms were clean (which is very important to me), and it was an overall good experience. I used this site to book my stay and appreciated everyones reviews. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in or near this area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William B
Reviewed 29 September 2012

In a transition between homes, we had the pleasure of staying at this property. We stayed for approximately eight weeks.... Enough to drive anyone insane even at the Ritz! However, if we had to be at any hotel that long, this property was the ultimate choice. Rooms were plenty large, bedding very comfortable (not just the mattress but the bedding linens as well), and the amenities were great.
More importantly, the staff was REMARKABLE! They were always more than eager to help and their hospitality is unsurpassed! From the incredible folks at the front desk, who greet you by name, to the hoousekeeping and maintenance staff... They are amazing. I wasn't impressed that the General Manager, Ben, was constantly seen all around the property checking up on things and getting in the trenches himself ( polishing the wood banisters on the stair case, etc). The breakfast is uncommonly good for that type of service and Joan treats it like a five star property.
I can't say enough about the front desk staff... Julie and her staff are amazing. Bob, Tasha, Lenore .... All of them are great.
We will come back just to say hello to the great folks who made us feel like family !!!!'

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Applebiscuits
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 September 2012

check-in as expected was easy and convenient.
Lobby was very nice and welcoming, front desk person suggested a nice local barbeque restaurant for dinner.
Rooms were clean and very nicely appointed. this was my first visit to Lexington and i was very pleased with my stay here, I will stay at this hotel on all my future visits to Lexington.
Starbucks adjoining to the hotel was extremely convenient as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was the first time we had ever stayed at this location and it had received good reviews. The check in staff was very nice. They upgraded us to room 301. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm. Once we got to the room, we were very disappointed in the condition and appearance of the room and hallway. The hallway had several areas of peeling wallpaper and what looked like mold. The room had the same problem and stains on the ceiling on what appeared to be a leak. The morning we checked out I had 4 bug bite marks on one foot that could have been bed bug bites. I did not inspect the mattress. The worse part was down on of the bedroom walls nearest the right side what look like BLOOD spatter down the wall. This was VERY disgusting. It looked like the room was not well taken care of. THIS WAS A UPGRADE? During checkout I asked for the Manager. The manager was not available, but a man that said he was the Accountant came out to talk with me. I explained to him all my concerns and he assured me that the Manager would be in contact with me. It has been 7 days and have not heard from the MANAGER. VERY DISSAPOinted that I HAD to PAY OVER $120 for this room. I wold be EMBARRASSED to rent this room to anyone much less as a UPGRADE to a PLATINUM Reward member. ROOM 301. DO NOT STAY at this hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 301.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!