“Wonderful time in lexington!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had zero problems with my stay at holiday inn. I stayed at the the hotel for 5 nights and was delightfully surprised with my stay. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was amazing!!!
The staff was very courteous and i was able to get a good use from the business center. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the lexington/ columbia area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I were renovating our house, floors were drying, no access to bathrooms. So, we had to find a place to stay for two nights until at least bathroom access in our home is once again made available. We picked wrong! We stood in line for a very long time for a room, because Wayne could not seem to speed things up (no multi-tasking there). When we finally got a room, the Wifi would not work. Wayne was clueless and would not give us the number of the provider to call, etc. So, I spent the night in the basement of my home (no bathroom) to finnish work on my laptop. It was midnight when I got back to the hotel. My husband said the connection let him on briefly - a few times - but dumped him, and then he went back to waiting for a sign-in page. We were just way out in the middle of nowhere a week ago, and that place had wonderful Wifi. But, Holiday Inn can't get their act together. For $104 a night, you expect better!!!

Room Tip: If you wan't Wifi go elsewhere...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mersmom2016
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear mersmom8,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Read a few negative reviews from January 2012 so I was a little apprehensive. But I was pleasantly surprised. The room 319 was clean and comfortable. The wallpaper in bathroom was peeling next to shower in one spot, probably due to shower heat/moisture. Untreated wood held up counter in bathroom. Bathroom was clean and that is important to me. Air Conditioner was a little loud but this is normal for hotels. I was happy that room was smoke free. Yes, I would stay here again. Breakfast buffet was good for me. Staff was very, very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This is a mediocre hotel. Everything about it is average. The price (that's a good thing, folks!), the location (chains and shops nearby but pretty far from Columbia, SC) and the rooms (they get the job done but nothing amazing to see here). If you're expecting a five star hotel, this is not the place. If you're looking for something cheap and friendly (great morning breakfast staff), then this place will get you what you need. Overall, it's nothing to write home about but check it out if you're in need of a bed in Lexington.

Room Tip: Be friendly and polite to staff and you can get what you need
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank holidayinnexpress00
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Trusha107,

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This Holiday Inn Express for the most part typifies what I expect from this chain -- comfortable bed with nice bedding, clean and modern room, great coffee, and those delectable cinnamon buns. :) My room was clean, the staff was friendly (especially the breakfast attendant -- she was all smiles and upbeat both mornings of my stay, and boy, did she stay busy!!) My only complaint was that the hallways REEKED of smoke! Luckily, my non-smoking room did not smell like it had been smoked in, but there must be enough smoking rooms around to stink up the common areas.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Great Staff! Great Stay! Great Room! Great Hotel!
I was very pleased with my experience at this hotel. Everyone on staff was extremely helpful and polite. The manager was very polite and helpful and went out of his way to ensure our weekend was amazing. The TVs are a huge plus and the beds are very comfortable. The room was clean and the shower seemed to be brand new. You can tell they have put a lot of work into this hotel recently and it shows! They call your room after you check in to be sure you have everything you need and will gladly help you if you have any questions or concerns. Our room seemed to have brand new carpet which was wonderful! Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The night before our stay, I called to confirm our room reservation and I asked about a late check out. The young lady that answered my call was kind and let me know about their Priority Rewards membership which with a membership allows you to check out at 2 pm. Upon arrival at the hotel, the staff was nice and friendly.

My husband, son and I, stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one night. My son had an event at the local high school and there were tons of kids that stayed there for this same event. Apparently the chaperones were scattered. The "adjoining" room next to us had some rowdy boys (middle school age) in there. At 10:45 pm, I went next door and banged on their door after it sounded as though they were going to bust through the "adjoinging" door to our room. I realize that the hotel had no cotrol over the boys, however, I think their chaperones didn't either!!!!! Now, the other issue was that all night long, we kept hearing a consistent noise (every 7-8 seconds) that sounded like a pounding above our room. So bad was the noise that I got up at 1:30 AM and went to the front desk to let the night shift attendant that we were having trouble sleeping because of the noise. The next morning, my husband and I decided that perhaps the noise was caused by pipes knocking when water was turned off and the toilets flushed...the noise was heard when we were in the bedroom area of the room, however, more prominently heard when we were in our bathroom. Not so sure that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor just down the hall from the staircase opposite end of the front desk.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear mmsfoster,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find our staff nice and friendly. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the noise issues have caused. We definitely understand the importance of a good nights sleep and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!