“Great Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The staff and all personnel that I encountered were extremely nice and friendly, and did their best to anticipate needs before being asked. The linen and towels were always clean and available and no matter what I left in the room it was always still there when I returned.

Room Tip: All rooms on the third floor are non-smoking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had an extended stay with the Holiday Inn Express Aug 12th-Oct 4th. The front desk staff and housekeeping associates were very friendly. I would like to personally commend Mr. Wayne Robinson for his hospitality. He is awesome and he really took care of us during our stay. He treated us as if we were guest in his own home and made the stay much more pleasant. Kudos to Mr. Wayne!!! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I am amazed at how a national chain hotel could be so dirty. The floors everywhere were filthy like they never vacuum. The breakfast was basic and the tables were dirty and the floor in there was dirty. the staff were very friendly but come on clean the place up. When we arrived there were several smoking sitting on bench right by the front door, kids all over the parking lot playing ball, and the lobby was full of people. Very small breakfast area too so get there early. The room was basic and by looking at the floors it makes you wonder what they DO clean. Our friends shower was backwards for what was marked hot and cold but no one told them that. The price was $95 so you get whet you pay for there. I would NOT stay there again based on the dirty floors. Awful!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rcadden
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear rcadden,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is off the beaten path in a quiet, more residential area. First impression, the carpet in the elevator was filthy. Breakfast area windows had food, dirt and kid handprints that had been there awhile. Counters dirty and.floor sticky. C'mon! The room was good, firm bed but mushy pillows (even the firm ones). WiFi had good signal but was slow. Breakfast needs fresh fruit, the juice was watered down, but cheese omelet, sausage, pancakes were good. If they would break out the cleaning supplies this would be a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank okietravelmom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had made a reservation for April 26 - May 03, 2013. On Monday, April 29, 2013, I had come back to the hotel around 1300. I showered and stuff and waited to go visit my daughter. Between 1500 - 1600, I left the hotel. Mind you, the cleaning crew was gone for the day. I got back to the hotel around 2300 and went to bed. When I got up the next morning, I went to take my medicine, PERCOCET, and found the bottle was gone. I search my vehicle and tore my room apart thinking I may have dropped it in the room somewhere or in my car. After looking and not finding it, I went to the front desk to report it missing. After waiting another hour for the hotel manager to get the printer for the card reader, I called the police and made a report. It was found that a 3rd Party Contractor had access to everyone's room and was not escorted. I had a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on my door, yet this individual still went into my room. As I did not feel safe, I went to the Hampton Inn around the corner. I will not stay in this hotel ever again as their policy of allowing full access to a 3rd party contractor without an escort is just plain stupid. All the manager was concerned about was making sure that she told me that the hotel is not liable. After reviewing the sheet I signed, it does not cover 3rd party vendors. So even though the room was ok, the cleaning crew did a great job, I am not staying there because I do not feel my clothes would be safe staying in my room when I go out for the day.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Bryan N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Bryan N,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Lexington, SC.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had zero problems with my stay at holiday inn. I stayed at the the hotel for 5 nights and was delightfully surprised with my stay. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was amazing!!!
The staff was very courteous and i was able to get a good use from the business center. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the lexington/ columbia area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I were renovating our house, floors were drying, no access to bathrooms. So, we had to find a place to stay for two nights until at least bathroom access in our home is once again made available. We picked wrong! We stood in line for a very long time for a room, because Wayne could not seem to speed things up (no multi-tasking there). When we finally got a room, the Wifi would not work. Wayne was clueless and would not give us the number of the provider to call, etc. So, I spent the night in the basement of my home (no bathroom) to finnish work on my laptop. It was midnight when I got back to the hotel. My husband said the connection let him on briefly - a few times - but dumped him, and then he went back to waiting for a sign-in page. We were just way out in the middle of nowhere a week ago, and that place had wonderful Wifi. But, Holiday Inn can't get their act together. For $104 a night, you expect better!!!

Room Tip: If you wan't Wifi go elsewhere...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mersmom2016
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear mersmom8,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
2 mi away
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!