“yum!”
Review of Vegetable Medley

Vegetable Medley
Ranked #19 of 215 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Very good vegetables: fresh & flavorful! Otherwise, standard southern barbecue buffet restaurant with hash, rice, fried chicken, pork...

There are newer reviews for Vegetable Medley

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Nothing fancy, just good eats! Meats, veggies, salad, deserts. I particularly liked the roast beef they had the night I was there.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Hard to add to some of the other reviews. Ate there today for the first time. We were passing by on a route we don't normally take and my wife was impressed by how the restaurant looked on the outside. Since it was lunch time and we had no other plans we decided to give it a try and what a great decision it was. The food is nothing fancy and is pretty standard fare for a BBQ house (bbq, rice and hash, fried chicken, slaw, potato salad), but it also had fresh vegetables and other entrees (today it was country fried steak and liver and onions). Everything we tried was great. We met the owner (Gerald Chavous) and what a great guy. You can tell he is very proud of the food he serves. One last thing: if they have blackberry cobler - Get It!!!! I have not had blackberry cobler like that since my Grandmother passed away. I travel the world, but this is home...and I haven't found anyone to do home cooking like this in a long time.

2  Thank Lwood_23
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have been eating at the Vegetable Medley Restaurant for several years since I live in the area. Prices are very reasonable, less than $10.00 including iced tea. They are closed on Mondays but open (I think) for lunch and dinner most weeknights. It is all Southern home style cooking, served buffet style. They always have a dozen or so vegetables and 4 or 5 meats. Fried chicken is everyday but other items rotate such as meat loaf, country fried steak, chicken casserole, fried pork chops, barbeque pork, salmon patties, etc. It's all good but my favorite is the Thursday special: Chicken casserole. Try it, you'll love it, but be prepared to stand in line for a seat at weekday lunch prime time.

2  Thank Bill A
Reviewed 15 September 2010

This is one of the best Bar B Que buffets in town. The food is excellent and the deserts are incredible, especially the chocolate cream "stuff". Mr and Mrs. Chavious do a very good job. The prices are a little higher on Friday, Saturday and Sunday., but still a great value. The food is always fresh and if you get there after 5:00PM, you'll probably wait in line, the restaurant is small.

2  Thank Goldwingtriker