“Turn away!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Vegetable Medley
Ranked #14 of 210 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Turn away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Do not go to this place if you have any reasonable expectations for a good meal. When we arrived I went to the bathroom and there was poop smeared all over the floor and the toilet seat. The food was over salted and sometimes unidentifiable. I think it was made to be mushed together for those without teeth or those that live on a purely deep fried diet. It was way over priced for the quality of food served and they don't take credit cards. I love food and this was an abusive experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Lauren H

Lexington, South Carolina, United States
“Great buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We've had the dinner & breakfast buffet at Vegetable Medley & both we're wonderful! Great southern food & lots of it! Look forward to going back soon!

Bar Mills, Maine
“yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Very good vegetables: fresh & flavorful! Otherwise, standard southern barbecue buffet restaurant with hash, rice, fried chicken, pork...

Visited January 2013
Columbia, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Nothing fancy, just good eats! Meats, veggies, salad, deserts. I particularly liked the roast beef they had the night I was there.

Visited October 2012
“Outstanding Home Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Hard to add to some of the other reviews. Ate there today for the first time. We were passing by on a route we don't normally take and my wife was impressed by how the restaurant looked on the outside. Since it was lunch time and we had no other plans we decided to give it a try and what a great decision it was. The food is nothing fancy and is pretty standard fare for a BBQ house (bbq, rice and hash, fried chicken, slaw, potato salad), but it also had fresh vegetables and other entrees (today it was country fried steak and liver and onions). Everything we tried was great. We met the owner (Gerald Chavous) and what a great guy. You can tell he is very proud of the food he serves. One last thing: if they have blackberry cobler - Get It!!!! I have not had blackberry cobler like that since my Grandmother passed away. I travel the world, but this is home...and I haven't found anyone to do home cooking like this in a long time.

• Visited October 2012