“Bland design your own wok”
Review of Miyos of Lexington

Miyos of Lexington
Ranked #115 of 240 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing dinner. Picked my vegetables, sauce & meat which were steamed in a wok, but not seasoned or put together. Anyone ever had steamed chicken with no seasoning? Too much money for not enough effort. Not planning to return.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I recently learned of this restaurant and did online research. I was impressed with the menu so when I came across one of their locations in Lexington I stopped. What a disappointment. However, before I even ordered I noticed the dirty conditions of the lobby, women's bathroom (stalls dirty, trash on the floor, broken fixtures) and even the table (items from previous diners on floor) where I was seated. I pointed out the conditions of those areas to my server and was told they were in the middle of a shift change and clean up would happened after that. The reality may be that it was shift change (445p) but while i watched, multiple servers were standing around and did not seemed at all concerned about the condition of the restaurant. I ordered their Vietnamese Summer Roll. The description was rice wrapper, rice noodles, shrimp and lettuce with peanut sauce. I received a rice wrapper filled with lettuce, There was no rice noodles. The shrimp seemed to be 2 medium shrimp, cut lengthwise and then shared in 4 pieces. These rolls were lettuce, lettuce and more lettuce. I pointed this out to my server who stated she was sorry. I will never go back to Miyos at this location and do not recommend.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

So bad it was ridiculous! Not sure if it was Ryan's first night or his last! Arrived 8 pm tonight. 8 couples. We had to ask for napkins, silverware after being served appetizers. Wine arrived after appetizers....how long when not busy does it take to pour 3 glasses of wine?!? Needed dish for soy sauce for sushi. Had to ask him to take our dinner order at 8:45. 3 entrees out of 8 were totally wrong. Had to ask for the rice that went with our meals. Ordered more wine with dinner, about done eating when it arrives. Had to ask for check so we could leave this absurd dining experience. Food that arrived was prepared well as usual. However, with the variety of options available to us....no matter how good the food is....we won't return. The total experience left too bad a taste in our mouth.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed. Stopped in for a to go order of Genral Tso's chicken, which is a favorite. Paid over $14 for the meal but knew it would be worth it. Got home to eat and it was terrible. Chicken was overcooked and chewy, sauce was terrible and bland. Couldn't even eat it it was so bad. I understand this happens. So o emailed customer service about it and never heard a word back. In my opinion, what sets a business apart from the competition is how they handle complaints and ignoring them is not the way to go. We were frequent diners at Miyos' many locations but will not go back. Time before we went to Harbison location on a slow night as they were not busy, we were seated and 20 minutes later left as no one came to our table. Watched another couple come in, sit down, had drinks and food before we left. Very disappointed as we really used to enjoy Miyos.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I'm not a sushi fan, but my wife is. That being said, I order from the wok and she orders whatever swims. For a single roll for her and a meal for me, it's upwards of $45 dollars, minus the drinks. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere as the food is lackluster and the owner is a complete tyrant. I watched her berate kitchen staff, screaming in their faces as we ate and threatening them. While it was semi entertaining as a dinner show, the looks of pure horror on the staffs face showed me that this is a daily occurrence.

Been to Miyos of Lexington? Share your experiences!