“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Old Mill Brewpub

Old Mill Brewpub
Ranked #7 of 218 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I think it is great that they have taken an Old Mill and turned it into a very nice restaurant. The food is very good and they have a waiter, Scott who is very good at his job as well as very friendly!!! Great Place!!!!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wife had she crab and was good. My gumbo was too spicy to enjoy and cousins chili the same over spicy meal and could not eat it. Had shrimp scampi.... smelled way to fishy and though I ate a lot of it, stomach still rolling. Salad was to have candied pecans.... at most looked like two cut up. At best, 2 stars.. won’t go back or recommend.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I recently ate at the Old Mill Pub in Lexington and the food was average. I had a chicken panini and the bread was hard and the chicken needed more spice, it was kinda blah tasting and just needed more pizazz! One person eating with us got the steak and he said his was excellent.
My wife had soup, she-crab soup and salad and she thought it was OK but she compares it to the Charleston Crab House which she thinks is the best around.
The prices were reasonable but the service could use some tweaking. We most likely will go back and give it another try but there are other restaurants that we will consider first.

1  Thank Robbie H
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Was recommend to us by a guy from the area as a good place to get a beer and have a bite to eat. Had a few local and beers after telling the bar tender (Doug) what what I was in the mood and her choose perfectly! Very wide selection of seasonal, local, and other microbrews on tap...and hopefully soon they will have their own (end of Dec I heard).
TV's with different sports on around the bar area.

UPDATE: Went in for a few beers and food on Halloween night and most employees got into the holiday. I ate the Old Mill Burger (8oz burger, Pimento cheese, fried green tomatoes, applewood smoked bacon and pepper gravy) and noticed right away they aren't using regular salt on their fries but Kosher instead!
My co-worker ended up with a "The Missle Crisis" (aka Cuban) and it looked and smelled so dang good I had stop eating fries, have another beer and snag one myself...
Wish I lived here so I could enjoy this food every time I wanted it!

All the employees we chatted with (some kitchen staff, Doug, and the bartender - Jamie (might be mis-spelling it) we really great and the locals made you feel at home.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Restaurants do not seem to last very long at this location for whatever reason.
The latest is Old Mill Brew Pub and our recent experience here was also just average.

The Mom just wanted an app and went with the Fried Green Tomatoes,she enjoyed the breading and said the tomatoes were tasty.
The better half went with a burger and sweet potato fries,which she said was ok.
I ordered a cup of Dead Guy Gumbo,it was tasty but I did not find any spiced sausage in my cup??
I also ordered a shrimp poboy,the bread used is like the worst ever....its hard and split on both sides so all the filling ends up on the plate,table,floor etc....
I ended up just eating the shrimp and leaving the bagel style roll for the doggie bag.
The shrimp were small but the breading was tasty and the remoulade added a nice kick.
My poboy also ended up on the table without the lettuce tomato and onion that is advertised on the menu,in our servers defense I did tell her no tomato ;-)

Nice atmosphere,was able to watch some of the NC game on the large telly on the wall.
As for previous posters mentioning this as a brewery,the vats are just for display from what I observed.

1  Thank CarolinaCoopers

Been to Old Mill Brewpub? Share your experiences!