“Its okay once in a while...”

Sumo Japanese Steak House
Ranked #151 of 215 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We've been to Sumo's about 3 or 4 times. My family LOVES Hibatchi. This place is ok I guess. Its close to the house so we do it for that reason. The show is mediocre, the food is okay and the atmosphere seems a little run down. The only reason I give this place a 3 is because the food better than the Hibachi express on S. Lake Dr. in Lexington. If you go for lunch its decently proced for the food. I give it an ehhh... it ok. Miyabi / Kyotos up on Harbison is the best though.

1  Thank Tom G

Reviewed 20 March 2012

My 7 year old daughter wanted to go here for her birthday. We decided to go on New Year's Day. I called at 1:10 to see if they were open. They said yes they would seat until 1:45. We left immediately and arrived at 1:30. As soon as we got out of the car they locked the door so we couldn't come in. They should have just told me to begin with don't come. Of course my daughter was upset. I called and asked why they had lied and the person answering the phone said come back we will serve you. I told her we would not ome back to somewhere we obviously were not wanted.

2  Thank Bmj620
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I have gone here 4 times. Each time i have gone it gets worse evrytime. They have slow service hardly any show like you expect. They charge extra for anything even onions 3.00 extra charge without letting customer know. Food is ok. I will not return. Dont waist your $ go to the hibatchi restraunts in columbia.

2  Thank momy2kids97
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 27 June 2009

Food's okay, nothing special

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Good food and reasonable prices. I go occasionally for lunch and with friends at dinner, and I've always been satisfied.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook