“Great find in Lexington” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Columbia SC
“Great find in Lexington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We enjoyed dinner here tonight - our first time. It was every bit as good as a meal at one of the chains. The atmosphere is not as fancy, but I kind of liked that it was quieter, smaller, less "showy". Honestly, I don't really care about the "show" all that much -- seen one, seen 'em all. Our chef was very good and very friendly, without all the corn-ball tricks you see EVERY SINGLE TIME you go to hibachi restaurants. (I personally don't enjoy having food thrown at me, go figure!) A little pricey, but pleny of food. We were in and out of there in about an hour, on a Friday night. We'll go back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Emptynesters59

West Columbia, SC
“Owner got in my face”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Complained about the so called filet. Meat tasted like low grade sirloin. When we asked the server about the meat, she had the owner come to our table. He bowed up telling us for 14 years he has only served filet. Well, the meat did not taste like filet. He sent out a second order and it was the same.

He forgot the golden rule, your regular customers might be right some time. Will never spend another dime in the place. He lost a customer for life. We dine with 4-6 people at a time every three weeks.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank jinx35
West Columbia, South Carolina
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Although it's not as fancy as some of the bigger hibachi restaurants, this place still dishes out the same good food that the others do. Biggest downfall is the size of the place, it's really cramped when their busy, your literally elbow to elbow with the people next to you. The other thing that bothers me is their is only one Asian cook here, who is the owner of the place, and I'm not even really sure if he's Japanese. He always puts on a great show though, very funny. The rest of the chefs are all American, and usually quite boring. But the wait staff...AWFUL. The only reason we come back here is because it's closer than Harbison or Columbia and cheaper. You get what you pay for.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank fakebuttcheeks
Lexington, South Carolina
“Love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Love the hibachi style grill and being able to watch the food cooked right in front of you. The food is seasoned excellently. Its a little pricey, but the portions are awesome! I was able to leave with enough leftovers to take to work the next day. This is definitely a hidden gem in Lexington!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Debra V
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not So Good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

This is not what I have in mind when I go to a Japanese Steakhouse. They really need to fix this place up. It looks old and dirty. I don't really know about the food b/c I couldn't get past the apprearance.

1 Thank Katie M