“Good Deal”

Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights, 5 people. We actually stayed here on my father-in-law's points, so it didn't cost us. But we had no problem with the service or the quality. The room was clean and it had a mini fridge, microwave, and cook-top. The bathroom was clean, but there was a sign that requested re-using towels. We ignored that and just got new ones when we needed, they didn't seem to mind. The only thing we didn't care for was the door seemed to be a bit loose and we could see a bit of light through it. However our room faced a fence, and the entire stay was very quiet. No complaints. I'd definately woud recommend staying here if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Gmsc081, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Very nice clean place. Theres a nice outdoor pool still open in Sept, nice free breakfast, comfortable beds. There is a $20 per pet per night fee even though it is not stated in the hotel information online.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 26 July 2012

If you are looking for a hotel with good customer service and friendly staff please avoid this hotel. I stayed once and was unimpressed. But thought to try it again, just in case the first time was a fluke. There was a medical emergency and I needed to cancel. Not only would they not process my cancellation (still charging me) but then got snippy on the phone when I called to inquire. And I never received a call-back when I asked for one, I had to call them. Poor is the only review I can give.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D T
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wonderful hotel, centrally located, with dining located nearby. We stayed here while on a visit to family in the Red Bank area and we were very pleased with the hotel. We used points for this stay and requested a ground floor room; but the clerk was unable to give us one, My big complaint with the second floor rooms, was the steep steps to reach the second floor. I have problems climbing steep stairs and these were quite steep, and I felt unsure of my footing, especially on the descent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Room was comfortable. Smelled of pets ... yuck! Breakfast was normal expanded continental fair.

Only issue was that keycards quit working more than an hourr before ckeckout time and desk attendant claimed they were still active and that it was user error ... despite 2 of us trying 2 different cards.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is the second time that my wife and I have stayed at this Quality Inn while visiting family in Lexington. The main reason we stay here is the value for your dollar. If we had stayed at the sister lodging across the street, we would have paid nearly $200 more for our 6 night stay.
The location is excellent with easy access to the main highways, shopping, restaurants and entertainment.
The rooms are small but very clean. Housekeeping did a great job daily keeping everything neat and clean.
I would like to acknowledge the work of Ivon, a wonderful Southern lady, and the other staff in keeping the breakfast area well stocked and very clean. While the food is typical Choice hotel fare, she and the staff did an excellent job in making sure of a good presentation daily.
While our overall stay was wonderful, there are some issues to be aware of. While we were there, construction workers were staying here. They have diesel engine pickup trucks and dump trucks which they start just before 6:00am. They let the trucks run for 5/10 minutes to warm up before they leave. One evening, the tractor part of an 18 wheeler parked in the lot in front of our room. Same thing. 6:00 start of the motor, then ten minutes or more of engine noise before leaving. This is not good if you are not an early riser. I suggest management ask the truckers to park at either end of the building in order to minimize the negative impact on their guests. I suggest to future guests to request a room on the side of the building away from the parking lot.
I was also disappointed that as an Elite member of Choice Hotels, no one acknowledged that fact upon our arrival.
Overall, if you are cost conscious, this is a wonderful place to stay. We will stay here again in future visits to Lexington. But we will be more aware of which room to request.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 208. It's near a noisy stairwell. Request a room on the side of the building away fr...