“Average, basic hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Little River
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Average, basic hotel”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights for my sons basketball tournament. The location was excellent for us because all of our events were in N. Myrtle Beach. The Good- the breakfast was very good for complimentary, the rooms were very clean except for the little in room coffee maker which had a huge amount of dust on it (gross) but I started doing the finger test to headboards and pictures and they were spotless so everything else was very clean, the pool and jacuzzi were very nice. The Average- the staff was just blah nothing special but not rude, horrible loud neighbors, I couldn't use 2 apps on my iPad on their Wifi but everything else worked, beds were not horrible but not great but clean the pillows were good, vending machines were very sparse with snacks, their is smoking on the 3rd floor which doesn't make sense we stayed on the second floor and smelled smoke a couple times yuck. If your on a budget this is clean and definitely doable. I wouldn't pay more than $100-$115 if it's peak season less if it's not.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shiloh G
SC037, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Harbour View, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I certainly do apologize about the dust on the coffeemaker; I am glad to hear that we passed the additional finger test all the other items. If you have loud noisy neighbors feel free to give the Front Desk a call anytime so we can address this issue right away. We defiantly want you to have a quiet peacefully night sleep.
Glad to hear that you were conveniently located to North Myrtle Beach for the Basketball tournament. We are also next to the new North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex (about 4 miles). We have had many teams booking with us and we look forward to seeing you and your son again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 January 2014

They charged me a mysterious $50 fee when confronted they claimed that I had left the room "trashed", I disagreed and requested any type of evidence and was told the charge would be removed, instead they waited 48 hours and entered the same charge a second time.
Now they are dodging my calls and hanging up on me when I call.

I am or should say was a regular customer spending 30 plus nights a year at this property for over a decade.

Room Tip: If you plan to read in bed you'll need to bring your own lamp
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank scott_lovin
SC037, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Harbour View, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
We do charge guests a cleaning fee that leave the rooms in disarray. Housekeeping is to clean up after all guests but when we fill a big black trash bag with trash off from the floor then we charge the fee. But, I will add that I did remove the charge THIS TIME but cannot remove if this were to happen again in the future.
Havelock, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel was in a good location and easy to find. The staff were friendly and helpful with arranging a taxi and change one of our rooms so we could be near each other. The breakfast was the usual for this range of hotels. The only minus was the sliding bathroom doors and the toilet and shower area was by small once you closed the door. The rooms also had a strange design with a wall sticking out near one side of the head board or the bed. The plus was a very quite room which allowed a good night sleep. Would stay there again for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SC037, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Harbour View, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
We are conviently located 4 miles from Cherry Grove/North Myrtle Beach. Close enough to all the days activities but quite location for your evening relaxation.
Middlesex, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here in August 2013 for two nights. Check in was fast and friendly, our room was very quiet, although the bathroom seemed kinda funny to us with the sliding door. The bed was extremely comfortable, probably one of the best I've ever slept on. Only suggestion I have for the room, is to add a couple extra outlets beside the bed for people to charge their phones.

What little bit of the breakfast I saw seemed to be good, your usual fare of one breakast meat (sausage patties while we were there), a make-your-own waffle station, as well as the usual cereals, bagels, pastries, and coffee.

The pool was amazing, it's partially indoors and partially outdoors, with a very warm hot tub on the inside if you're interested in that.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're on the first or second floor, there's a few rooms that actually face the indoor po...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank avengedshadow90
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel while visiting Myrtle Beach. The hotel is a little distant from all of the Myrtle Beach attractions, but to me that was a plus. It was very quite (hotel is located next to a golf course), clean, and the over-sized shower was very nice. The beds were OK. There was very little toiler paper in the bathroom and I had to go down to the front desk to request some more (staff kind of made me feel like I was "stealing" it)- but that was the worse of it and it was a minor inconvenience. Breakfast area was clean and the food was good. Their hot breakfast included sausage patties (but no eggs) and the usual waffles, cereals, and other breads. I didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank theduelingprincess
SC037, Manager at Sleep Inn at Harbour View, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
We are about 15 miles from Myrtle Beach which as you mentioned is great for some "quite time" in the evening. Certainty do apologize about the lack of toilet paper. We usually leave an extra roll on the toilet. This must have been an oversight by housekeeping. I have brought this to their attention to be more attentive to this.
Stanley, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel. The layout is good as is the parking. The only reason to not give it a 5 is the odd bathroom and a problem with the ac. I would definitely stay there again. The location has good access to the main roads and to Sea Mountain Hwy which goes to Cherry Grove Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
New York
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed for 6 nights in July 2013. This place was great. We were very comfortable, staff was friendly and the price was very good. We had no problems at all and I would recommend this place to anyone. And try Hot Stacks down the street across from the dollar store. Such nice people in there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank barmik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little River
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#14 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach -...
#11 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,030 reviews

Been to Sleep Inn at Harbour View? Share your experiences!