“Nice waterfront view”

Capt. Juel's Hurricane
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Little River
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi, Pub, Soups
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the mid 1900's a new chapter of history was made in a small town in Little River S.C. At that time a restaurant was opened in the very banks of the Intercoastal Waterway, called Capt. Juel's Hurricane. In the mid 70's the restaurant was brought by Joe Robertson, who still owns it today. You will still find Mr. Joe in and around the kitchen and his wife Deanna behind the bar mixing up killer drinks or in the kitchen preparing the luscious desserts. The restaurant is managed by their daughter Heidi and her husband Clayton, it truly is a family affair.In 2014 the place under went a total renovation inside and out. The restaurant now features a new Sushi Bar, that's a must have over looking the untouched marshlands. Capt. Juel's stills brings you the freshest seafood, hand cut steaks and chops. The menu is filled with a variety of choices from tacos to burgers. Or maybe just stop by the have a drink on the deck and enjoy seeing the fishing boats bring in the catch of the day.
Baltimore, MD
“Nice waterfront view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We tried to go another place (with a higher rating on TA) but their outdoor area was all full. So we went next door to this place and were sat immediately. As most people will tell you, the place is dated. But we didn't worry about that because we walked right through the restaurant out to their waterfront deck. We had perfect weather and an excellent atmosphere out there. We started with the bacon wrapped scallops, which were a little pricey for the size but they were really good. The hushpuppies were really good and once we found out they were bottomless we kept the baskets coming. Our table got the blackened trio, the mahi with fried green tomatoes, mahi sandwich, and the au gratin. Everyone enjoyed what they got. The mahi was fresh and cooked perfectly. Even my grits were great. My biggest complaint was there were no beers on tap, but that's a small one. There are a lot of options down on the water, if you have the chance, you should check Captain Juel's out.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JimmyBaltimore_MD

Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner at this unexpected find. The food was fantastic. Stuffed flounder was incredible. The building is a little old, but move past that and enjoy the food

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“old school and yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

motown on the jukebox and he served us field peas! the food was excellent. clayton was our server and was very nice. oysters fried to perfection and really good key lime pie. the restaurant definitely needed a reno, it was a little run down, but he food was great and we will be back!!!

Visited August 2013
lakewood
“Extremely pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Ate lunch here. I was extremely pleases with the food, employees and the view. I had the mahi mahi sandwich. It was wonderful. It was a suggestion from the waitress. My mother had the oysters and said they were great. I will be adding this to my list.

Visited July 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Pretty View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The restaurant is located waterfront in Little River, SC which is so cute. The dining room is very outdated and run down but they have a semi-nice deck out back overlooking the water. A little rough but charming. The hush-puppies are so yummy. The fish bite appetizer was not cooked thru. yuck! The fried pickles were really good. I had the Maui fried dinner and it was cooked perfect and was delicious. My husband does not eat seafood and he had a hamburger. He said it was ok not great. My daughter had the Cesar salad and she loved the dressing. Beer was cold. Great service. Tanner was fabulous! Over all it was a decent meal but with all the other great restaurants in the grand strand area, I think I will skip this one. I bet this was a really great restaurant back in the day. I definitely want to try some more restaurants on the historical little river waterfront.

• Visited July 2013