“What an amazing Staff!!”

Chattooga Ridge Canopy Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a soaring and gliding experience naturally fueled by a gradual elevation change in Upstate South Carolina. It takes limited energy to participate and is not designed to scare with big drops as much as excite with smooth gliding treetop views. Learn about the flora and fauna of the region as well as the Historic Long Creek Academy and the history of the region in this 3 hour adventure! New for 2013 is our 1100' Bell Tower Express and 400' final zip. 12 ziplines and 7 sky bridges in all! Must be 10 years old and at least 70 pounds, but less than 251 pounds. Youth rates.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was at the Chattooga Ridge Canopy Tours on Friday April 25th. On my way to Chattooga I really did not know what to expect, I thought I would only be able to go down 1 or 2 zips because I am a paraplegic and can not move from the waist down. When I got there, Keith, Ben and Samantha was out front to greet me, very friendly folks. We stood around brain storming on how we were going to do this, while Amy was out inspecting the zip lines. When Amy finished her zip line inspection, and I met with her. After talking and getting to know Amy, Ben and Keith before we started, I just needed to build a trust in them and you have to trust your equipment. Then we headed over to the training zip line. Amy explained all the safety issues and what I needed to do and what not to do. And now I was ready to go down my first zip line. I got hooked up to the zip line, I must say I was a little nervous but more excited then anything, because it was the first time my feet had been off the ground in 13yrs. Keith and Ben were very helpful they did all the heavy lifting moving me from one line to the next. With out either of these 2 guys I would not have been able to do any of this. Thanks to Amy, Keith and Ben for all you did to make this possible. Thanks to Ben for not letting smack face first into the trees and Keith for piggy backing me up the 52 steps to the big unit and fastest zip line of the day for me, it was a blast.I also want to thank Jack for making all of this possible and Samantha for taking the pictures and videos. And I saved the best for last. Amy, I want to thank you for packing the stool all day and making sure to not let me go until I was ready. If you are a paraplegic and have no leg movement you can still go zip lining, just call a couple of days ahead to let them know so they can be ready for you. Thanks again for making this a great and a fun experience for me. My son wants me to go with him so I will be back. Love you guys, you're the best.

Dale A

1  Thank dsayer102263

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our family really enjoyed the zip line canopy tour in chattooga. Amy and Cody were our guides. They did an excellent job on providing safety and teaching us correct ways to zip. They also were very patient with our young daughter that became nervous after first few zips. Amy allowed her to tandem with her and it built her confidence to complete last 4 lines by herself. The guides were very patient, encouraging and interesting. Felt safe the entire time, they were very thorough keeping safety priority. Great time

3  Thank Borenfamx5
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were in South Carolina with wonderful spring weather not too many vacationers in the area but they are willing to guide solo travelers. Amy & Ben: our guides for the canopy tour made us feel very welcome, comfortable and took extra time telling us some history of the grounds. Excellent instructions by Amy made us very confident we could do this. I was even able to do part of the challenge course without much hesitation. The variety of zip line lengths and speeds made it so much fun. We had a blast and could have done the course again but it would be better to come back for fall colors.

1  Thank DGN57
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Amy and Dylan T were great instructors. I'm afraid of heights and Amy was very patient with me the entire time, Dylan was very kind, neither were pushy about going thru the course and getting it done. I actually ended up enjoying myself very much, might even do it again. :)

Reviewed 11 September 2013

It was the momento life time :) :) I have always wanted to go places like such , best rafting experience, thanks to the team and staffs,