“Worst Hotel I Have Ever Been At - An Absolute Toilet!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Travel Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lugoff
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Worst Hotel I Have Ever Been At - An Absolute Toilet!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

Where do I even begin? I travel a lot doing stand-up and have been in some pretty awful establishments, but the hands down, blue prize winner of, "All Time Worst" would go to this toilet, and I hate calling it a toilet, because it's a disservice to toilets everywhere.

First off, the place was so disgustingly filthy, it staggers the imagination. I'm talking lampshades with so much dirt on them, they were BLACK! There were hand prints on all of the mirrors, bay window and on the backboards. The toilet was broken and sink had hair and cigarettes jammed down in them causing clogs. The fridge had MOLD growing in it and the microwave was full of dead bugs. The beds were caved in the middle and the sheets all were ripped and stained.

Are you getting the picture? The best part was, when I went to plug in the alarm clock and moved the nightstand, behind it was a USED CONDOM! Are you nauseous yet?

Oh, yeah...almost forgot. On the bottom of your receipt, it says they have a 15 minutes cancellation policy! That means, if there are any problems with your room and you want a refund, you have exactly 15 minutes to get it from the time your receipt is printed, or you will get NOTHING. It took me over one hour of arguing and threats of calling the cops before they gave me back my $51. Seriously, stay ANYWHERE but here!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank AsylumVII

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Upstate SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed at the Travel Inn for two nights. The price can't be beat for a clean room, comfortable bed, cable TV, free WiFi, and a very basic continental breakfast. If you are looking for luxury, though, this is not the place for you. It is an older facility and showing age, although it was very clean.
As a female, traveling alone, I was concerned about safety so I was relieved to know that the inn is located right in front of the police station, the lobby is staffed 24 hours a day, and I was able to stay in a room near the office. The traffic noise from the highway is quite loud in the early morning but it isn't horrible. The office personnel were extremely friendly.
The Inn is within walking distance to a Shoney's restaurant.
I would recommend this hotel to very thrifty friends.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank UpstateSCRose
Farmington, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Last summer on a whim a firend and I went to south carolina from maine to get away from the bad weather summer we were having looked around and found this place the price made it affordable and without that we coould not have stayed very long they gave us the best rates and was very helpful finne people. Called them this year for a price check and they had not gone up at all rooms are clean staff could not get any better this is like our second home they know us and we know them. thank you travel innfor evreything keep them prices low if it wasnt for you we wouldnt get a vacation

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Good clean rooms with AC that really works for 107 degree weather. We have three children all under age 10 we came down to visit with family for a week. Good location to family, grocery, gas, and family resturants. The pool was very clean, Non smoking rooms did not smell of smoke like other places we've visited. Would recommend to anyone with small children and small budget this was really a bigger bang for the buck!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Central Folorida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

While visiting famiy in Camden, we stay here frequently......good location close to shops and next to McDonalds and Shoney's restaurant. Price was just under $40 nite plus tax.....room clean.....not fancy, but room had microwave and small refgr. Lite breakfast. weekly rate was around $230. Many construction works stay here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cherylmm
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

I arrived into this town late and was looking for the first available motel. I stayed here for one night to work in the area the next day. I had read previous reviews but decided to take a chance as it was very late and I was very tired. The price was just under 40 dollars before taxes. For this price it was a good value and a good nights sleep. It was located next to a shoneys which had a great breakfast bar. The Hotel was a little run down. but looks like the house keepers had done the best they could with what they had to work with. The beds were clean and the bathroom was in good shape for an older hotel. The room had a coffee pot , tv, fridge, phone, It was not near as bad as the reviews I have read here , but most of them were pretty out dated. The swiming pool had not been drained for the winter and looked pretty bad, but I don't swim and that was not a big deal. No this is not the Hilton by no means , but should not be expected for under 40 dollars a night. The staff was freindly and helpful. Overall its was a good value my room # was 239 if you stay there this was a pretty good room. They also had free wifi which had a good signal to the room.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank highmiles61
Montgomery
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

July 9, 2008
The most nasty place we have ever stayed. The comode was broken, shower head broken, flies in bathtub, shower curtain was filty, holes in carpet, dirty curtains, dirty door. duck tape on the fridge. I could go on and on. My husband was very tired because he had just had surgery and it was very late. He needed to rest, so we stayed. What a mistake, the rest of us never laid down in the bed. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank BeachMontgomery

Travellers are raving about these Lugoff hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lugoff
Holiday Inn Express Camden
Comfort Inn & Suites Camden
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Fort Jackson

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!