“Great customer service!”

Travel Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lugoff
“Great customer service!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were not ask that great but the costumer service was excellent! We broke down on the side of the road at midnight and they are across from the dodge dealer and they fixed it the next day. The mattress was falling apart but the room was pretty clean for the most part. I liked the fact that they were close to several places to eat-walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Elgin, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

they are telling you they have free internet if it is on the sign out front where all can see the internet here did not work most of the time. the room stayed dirty and we placed the room service sain on door and the room sevice did not clean the room most of the time the floor was dirty, the microwave had yellow stuff in it the fige would not defrost I found black stuff in the fradge the pool area had grass growing in the side walks, found cig but all over the parking lot they are very outdated, the ower was very rude and the staff had know knowage of how to do any of there jobs, mirrior was dirty. rust on lights, cellings and walls looked liked was pach by a baby, lighting did not work right, remotes looked like they been throwed around and had know cover and did not work. tv did not work will. I think all the staff needs to be replaced and owers wife needs to take over only one there that seems like she knows what to do with this place and owner needs to have nothing to do with.

Room Tip: no tips no good rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
sc
Reviewed 15 September 2012

it looks just ok from the outside,but it just get worse !!! its terriable...the rooms may have a good price but the stay is not worth it at all !!! the pillows are so thin and flat and the curtains have holes all over them and it looks like they have been shot at...the ac is very loud and is not cold, and the rooms smell , and the fridge was all iced up an the microwaves are dirty..i wont put our food in them . ITS JUST NASTY...STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE !!!!

Room Tip: just go somewhere else...the rooms are nothing special and the pillows are so thin anc the curtains...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank whpjkp
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The room I was first put in there was no microwave or fridge like advertised. I was able to be put in a another room on the second floor which was supposed to be non-smoking, but when I got to the room there was an ash tray and some matches on the table and the room reeked of smoke. There was no telephone in the room and when i reported it to the front desk they said that they would would have someone come up to put a phone in the room. When I went out and came back later on that night there still was no phone in the room. I reported to the night person at the front desk and the person was very rude and said she "is not a maintenance person." The third time I reported not having a phone to the manager and I was told I would have one put in that day and never received one at all. The air conditioner was very loud. The towels are very cheap and dingy and the rooms could be cleaned a little bit better.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lashonda O
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My wife and I got in late one night and needed a place to stay so we chose the travel lodge cause it was cheap. We opened the door and absolute filth awaited me I meant the sheets were clean and it was a non smoking room so it didn't seem too bad at first then I heard yelling going on outside, I opened the door and asked the dude to keep it down we're trying to sleep, this was around midnight, the guy wanted to fight me and tried to push his way into my room then the next morning, my wife found a huge roach, a big hole in the comforter, stains on the towels and washclothes, dirty spots on the coffee maker! The housekeeper never cleaned my room and we ran out of toilet paper, so I went to the office and demanded my money back for one night and they did then turned around and said it was past the cancellation time and recharged my card. The maintenance guy was sitting in the lobby and arguing with me, made me mad, finally I told him to shut up and I had to get the cops involved luckily they were already there pursuing another complaint oh and by the way that was at least third time I seen the cops there the two night in a row we stayed there apparently . This is a place for drug dealers and prostitutes to do business I would never stay there again the place is an absolute dump if u have children do not I repeat do not stay there

• Stayed June 2012
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed in rm# 120, and paid $58.00, when I travel I do a room inspection, I pull the sheets to look for cleanliness and bed bugs, I look under the beds and behind the head boards.... This place is flithy ! the sheets were dirty and stained, there was a very large amount of dust and trash behind the head boards, there was also evidence that bed bugs were once there but I didn't see any live bugs or an indication that there were any BB problems.No way it has been deep cleaned within a year! The bathroom was also filthy. The water in the bathtub ran constantly, there was a hole in the wall and long black hairs stuck to the walls. The furniture was old, banged up and dirty. there was a large hair ball (from someones hair brush) on the floor, the lamp shades had plastic unwrapping from them and were dirty. There were 2 TV remote controls, neither of them did anything one of them had the back off and only had 1 battery so they didn't work at all. You would think when housekeeping cleaned the room they would check and correct these things.This was supposed to be a non-smoking room but there was an ashtray in the room. I have stayed in all the motels/hotels in the area and they are all like this, the owners and management apparently want to get the $ from the place without putting any back into the physical plant and it is a shame that they let the property get in this condition, they should be embarrassed.

Room Tip: Stay in Northeast Columbia !
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank conchmac
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Where do I even begin? I travel a lot doing stand-up and have been in some pretty awful establishments, but the hands down, blue prize winner of, "All Time Worst" would go to this toilet, and I hate calling it a toilet, because it's a disservice to toilets everywhere.

First off, the place was so disgustingly filthy, it staggers the imagination. I'm talking lampshades with so much dirt on them, they were BLACK! There were hand prints on all of the mirrors, bay window and on the backboards. The toilet was broken and sink had hair and cigarettes jammed down in them causing clogs. The fridge had MOLD growing in it and the microwave was full of dead bugs. The beds were caved in the middle and the sheets all were ripped and stained.

Are you getting the picture? The best part was, when I went to plug in the alarm clock and moved the nightstand, behind it was a USED CONDOM! Are you nauseous yet?

Oh, yeah...almost forgot. On the bottom of your receipt, it says they have a 15 minutes cancellation policy! That means, if there are any problems with your room and you want a refund, you have exactly 15 minutes to get it from the time your receipt is printed, or you will get NOTHING. It took me over one hour of arguing and threats of calling the cops before they gave me back my $51. Seriously, stay ANYWHERE but here!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank AsylumVII
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lugoff
Holiday Inn Express Camden
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Camden
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!