“Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient”

Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
North Fort Myers
“Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

During a recent, short visit to Charleston, my husband suggested we take advantage of a coupon deal and book a night at this hotel. I will admit, I was a little unsure about staying here, but recent reviews from Trip Advisor eased my worries. After spending the night here, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

We received excellent service from the front desk. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Unlike an earlier reviewer, one thing I actually noticed was how soft the sheets were. There is only a shower in the room, not a tub, which might be an issue for some people, but was not a concern to us. Although we didn't need them on this trip, there are microwaves and fridges in the rooms. Breakfast choices included cereal, fruit, muffins, waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy. The breakfast area was kept clean and well stocked.

The hotel is conveniently located across the river from Charleston. It was a quick and easy trip to the Charleston Visitor's Center.

If we ever planned another trip to Charleston in the future, these budget conscious travelers would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed at the holiday inn express for a few days while visiting isle of palms and charleston. HIE was a wonderful experience. We had such a good time we decided to stay an extra night. HIE was full so we booked sleep inn in mt. Pleasant because there were rooms available and it was inexpensive. Bad decision. The hallway to our room smelled musty. Our nonsmoking rooms smelled like stale smoke. Room was outdated, as in 1985 decor. Bedspread had stains and cigarette burns. The carpet was dirty with cigarette burns and stains. Bed was very uncomfortable. Sheets were rough,not soft. I was itching throughout the night like I was being bitten. I could not wait to get out of there the next morning. Dont waste your money on this place. Worst place I have ever stayed!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Ccornwell80
TinaWitherell, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I would
like to apologize for the issues you had while staying with us. I can assure
you that if at any point we were aware of any problems we would have done
our best to correct them. We're always trying to improve ourselves and make
our guests happy. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and
they will be addressed immediately. We hope that if you visit our area in
the future that you consider our hotel.
or
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Rooms recently remodeled, good bedding and electronics, bathroom a little older

Never any cold water from the tap

Good staff and very quiet comfortable room, TONS of restaurants and retail nearby. Mt Pleasant is a better place to stay for many parts of Charleston area- transportation is easier there even considering the US 17 construction!

Pool not open even though it was warm enough I wanted to take a dip

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Every area of this hotel that I encountered was very nice. The outside of the hotel is attractive-looking. There is a computer for public-use in the lobby. The hallways smelled like they were recently painted. The breakfast room was clean and comfortable with a large flat-screen tv.

Our room (112) was quiet and very well appointed. All of the furniture, carpeting, and appliances were attractive and seemed new. I found the pillows to be extremely comfortable! There was a large flatscreen tv with plenty of stations (however I found it difficult to change the channel; I had to point the remote at an odd angle). There is a microwave and refrigerator, which we did not use, but they seemed nice. The bathroom is a little different. The sink (with granite countertop) is open to the room, and then there is a sliding door to the toilet and shower. The toilet/shower room did not seem recently renovated, but I did not have any complaints. The shower did not have as much hot water as I would have liked. My shower started out comfortable, then got tepid, then became a little warmer towards the end of my shower. Who knows, maybe I was just using the shower at a peak time.

The free wireless internet worked very well. The free breakfast was standard: juice/coffee/tea, waffle maker, apples, donuts, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, biscuits & gravy. I thought that the biscuits were pretty good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Our 2nd visit to Charleston. We did not need downtown accomodations, so this was a perfect choice. The locale near Ravenal Bridge made it easy to explore in all directions. Be aware that all of US-17 in Mt. Pleasant is under construction and traffic is a problem. Carol at the front desk was very helpful in sorting out our dinner plans. Rooms were clean and well maintained.
Typical, average breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We just stayed three nights at this hotel. Nightly rate was good compared to Charleston and really like the location. It has a short walk to visitors center, park and pier under the beautiful bridge to Charleston. Only a little over a mile from Patriots Point where we caught the ferry to Fort Sumter and then enjoyed the Naval Museum. There were also lots of restaurant choices a short distance away. The room was clean with a king bed. The only negatives were no maid service the second day (guess they forgot us) and could have been a little more variety for breakfast (had the same featured buscuits, sausage and gravy all three mornings). However, the make your own waffles were good. Staff were friendly and overall I would recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My wife and I had several destinations in mind for a week's vacation. After listing the pros and cons, we eventually chose Charleston. It was a great choice. In fact, during our stay, we learned that Conde Nast Traveler magazine had just announced that Charleston is the #1 destination in the nation!

We found out why.

But first, we wanted a hotel room that would be nice, yet reasonable in price and not far from downtown. We had been warned by friends not to stay in the historic downtown section because it is very pricey and that we should check hotels across the Ravenel Bridge in Mt. Pleasant. We did, and frankly, it was the feedback in tripadvisor.com that helped us decide on Sleep Inn.

We had never stayed at a Sleep Inn before and were a bit skeptical of what we'd find upon arrival. But, the location was decent and quite easy to find: go over the bridge (toll-free!!), stay in the far left lane, turn left at the first light, go to the end and you'll see the sign.

So, the property looked tidy, and with coupon book in hand, we went inside. At the front desk to greet us was a woman named Carol. She was on a mission to make our stay really memorable. Carol clipped the coupon, made a copy of it, gave us directions, handled phone calls with ease in between. She was like a movie director calling all of the shots on the set. And she was on top of her game! Really.

At that moment, she had no king-sized beds available, but told us what she'd do to get one. As Carol went thru the motions, other guests passed by and greeted her by name, "Hey Carol!" And she'd respond by saying their last names, "Hello, Mr. Johnson!" or, "Good evening, Mrs. Smith." She was having a blast!

Our rooms, both the regular and later the king, were nice and clean, (the shower is wonderful!), the breakfast area was also clean and fully-stocked, and the lobby had TWO, free, newspaper choices, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal. What hotel provides BOTH??

One night during our stay, I had to swing by the front desk to ask about laundry facilities and much to my surprise, Carol was now playing baker.

"I've got some cookies in the oven. I'll call you when they're ready!"

And she did!