Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskwaffleshard boiled eggsfridge and microwavedowntown charlestondesk staffpatriots pointa great place to staynice staythe breakfast arearavenel bridgelocation is greatwould stay here againfree breakfastfolly beachwaterfront park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is in a suitable place, because you can easily reach Downtown Charleston by car.
The service was good and the receptionist was very gentle.
A continental breakfast and wi-fi are included. There is also an automatic laundry.
The pool is small, but quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla J
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I've stayed in better choice hotels then this one. It was just ok. Looks they have done some remodeling but they really need to finish. We stayed on 2nd floor and it smells like smoke in hallway. Rugs probably should be replaced. My kids went swimming in their pool and it needed to be cleaned. There were cig butts all over the deck. Ugh. Breakfast was ok just like any hotel. Only stayed for one night and if I had to stay longer, I would stay else where.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have always booked our hotel after checking the reviews here at TripAdvisor. Never once have I been disappointed till now. So much so that I had to write my first review. We booked a one night stay at this hotel the day before our travel. Got there at 7 pm, traveling with two little kids. Got up to room 220 and the minute we opened the door the most rancid smell came out of the room. We went to the desk to request a change of room and was told that the hotel was full. The attendant at the desk said that she would send an ozone machine to clear the air which I knew was not going to help. Sure enough when the maintenance came up with the machine and came in the room agreed that this machine was not going to help since the smell was so strong. There was no way that my family and I could stay in that condition so we left the hotel and had to drive 30 miles out of the area to find accommodation since everything was full in town. This caused a lot of inconvenience for myself and family. This whole thing could of been avoided if the staff in charge of house keeping and the management bad done their job inspecting the rooms before assigning them to the guests.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Minkey2
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I apologize for the problems you had during your stay. We appreciate your feedback because it allows us to know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I regret that the room you were provided was not satisfactory for you and your family. We hope that if you visit our area in the future you will give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

What a great deal and nice place. I could not be more happier with the room we received. Also pervious reviews mention the front desk attendant named Carol, yes she really is as great as they make her out I be. I would hire her in a skinny minute to work in my hotel. She was so sweet and helpful and just really easy to talk to. She really wants all her guest to feel comfortable and she did exactly that with me.
We were traveling with our dog and needed a pet friendly property. I sometimes wonder if we are going to get a not so nice room because of this but that simply was not the case. The room was clean and well decorated. For the rate we got the room, I feel like it was a good deal. I will be staying here when I return to the area. Thanks again Carol... Your awesome!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We went to Charleston for 3 nights for vacation over a weekend. Originally, I really wanted to stay downtown in the historic district, but almost everything was sold out or very expensive. You also have to pay for downtown hotel parking. Due to the deal I found on their website, I ended up choosing this Sleep Inn. It was located right across the bridge, and was very easy to go downtown, Patriots Point, Plantations, beach, etc. (and again.. in and out with free parking). The front desk was very accommodating. The breakfast was pretty good. Only complaint was they advertise having eggs, and they never did. The hallways and rooms could use a little clean up attention. And the rooms are small. And the bathroom is super small. (toilet and stand in shower..only one person fits in the bathroom), and 1 sink and mirror outside the bathroom.) We had 3 teenagers with my husband and I. With the double/double beds and rollaway, we could barely move. But as I told my kids, we really are only here to sleep. I would stay here again because of value, cleanliness, breakfast and location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you and your family had a enjoyable stay at our hotel. We hope that when you visit our hotel in the future that you will choose the Sleep Inn in Mount Pleasant.