“Disgusting!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Auburndale, Florida
“Disgusting!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Booked my stay for a week long vacation in Charleston. Location is perfect! But it stops there. The first room they put us in had mold literally visible in the a/c unit (will try to attach pictures). Requested a move... Next room dirty. There was literally broken chocolate chip cookie and cheez-its along the edge of the bed. The dust was so thick my husband wrote clean me. The hotel is in need of a lit of attention.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank MoultonFamily
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I apologize for the problems that you had during your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments concerning your stay. All the comments received will be passed along to our staff so we can address the issues and make sure we can make improvements to satisfy our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rockford, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this motel numerous times...we like its location right at the foot of the Charleston Bridge. Each time the place has gotten worse. This time the rates were higher...but that was okay. The first room smelled BAD! (Wife said cat pee...but I don't know...). We did get promptly moved to a room next to a barking dog...another move but it was slightly down the hall and the dog barked on!! Then we woke up to tobacco smoke (non-smoking room). Made complaint that morning, more smoke that night, more the next morning , etc.

The coffee pot was dirty when we checked in, the maid left our door ajar (we were at beach all day with our stuff unlocked).

We have had a great time in Charleston and look forward to return visits...but will need to find somewhere other than Sleep Inn.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I regret that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel during your recent visit. I apologize for the issues you had with the dog and with your room. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us again on your future visits.
Crewe, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our room was nice and adequate. Not good with leaving the guests with enough towels, they never replenished coffee, no extra sugar for coffee, and not a lot of room around the sink area. Coffeemaker really should not be kept next to soap & toiletries. For 3 nights we were only supposed to use 1 coffee packet & 2 cups. They never gave us new soap either. On the better side, the bedding was very clean, and for a "dog friendly" hotel you never even smelled a hint of "dog" in the room. It was a nice place to stay, and I would stay there again, but I will ask for extra towels and coffee next time.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is the easiest to get in and out of. We had the third floor and it was a hike to get to...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us in the future.
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is in a suitable place, because you can easily reach Downtown Charleston by car.
The service was good and the receptionist was very gentle.
A continental breakfast and wi-fi are included. There is also an automatic laundry.
The pool is small, but quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Carla J
Stafford, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I've stayed in better choice hotels then this one. It was just ok. Looks they have done some remodeling but they really need to finish. We stayed on 2nd floor and it smells like smoke in hallway. Rugs probably should be replaced. My kids went swimming in their pool and it needed to be cleaned. There were cig butts all over the deck. Ugh. Breakfast was ok just like any hotel. Only stayed for one night and if I had to stay longer, I would stay else where.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have always booked our hotel after checking the reviews here at TripAdvisor. Never once have I been disappointed till now. So much so that I had to write my first review. We booked a one night stay at this hotel the day before our travel. Got there at 7 pm, traveling with two little kids. Got up to room 220 and the minute we opened the door the most rancid smell came out of the room. We went to the desk to request a change of room and was told that the hotel was full. The attendant at the desk said that she would send an ozone machine to clear the air which I knew was not going to help. Sure enough when the maintenance came up with the machine and came in the room agreed that this machine was not going to help since the smell was so strong. There was no way that my family and I could stay in that condition so we left the hotel and had to drive 30 miles out of the area to find accommodation since everything was full in town. This caused a lot of inconvenience for myself and family. This whole thing could of been avoided if the staff in charge of house keeping and the management bad done their job inspecting the rooms before assigning them to the guests.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Minkey2
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I apologize for the problems you had during your stay. We appreciate your feedback because it allows us to know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I regret that the room you were provided was not satisfactory for you and your family. We hope that if you visit our area in the future you will give our hotel another chance.
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

What a great deal and nice place. I could not be more happier with the room we received. Also pervious reviews mention the front desk attendant named Carol, yes she really is as great as they make her out I be. I would hire her in a skinny minute to work in my hotel. She was so sweet and helpful and just really easy to talk to. She really wants all her guest to feel comfortable and she did exactly that with me.
We were traveling with our dog and needed a pet friendly property. I sometimes wonder if we are going to get a not so nice room because of this but that simply was not the case. The room was clean and well decorated. For the rate we got the room, I feel like it was a good deal. I will be staying here when I return to the area. Thanks again Carol... Your awesome!

• Stayed July 2013