“Better places than this one”

Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
nyc
“Better places than this one”
Reviewed 27 December 2008

It is over the bridge from Charleston so we thought this would be cheaper than in town. Traveling with two adults, two teenagers. I booked two beds and assumed two queen beds. Wrong! they do not have queen beds, only doubles or one king. They did give us a free cot. The bathroom door, a sliding door did NOT work and it was a big problem. We only stayed one night, but there are several other hotels right next to this one which might be better. If you are like me and try to stay in the same hotel chain to earn points, it would help you to know that there is a mainstay suites right next to this -- which is the same company, choicehotels.com. I don't know the condition of that place but I would have considered it if I had known this in advance. This hotel was clean but worn out.

• Liked — price for location
  • Disliked — bathroom door
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
cali
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Guest service representative was very nice upon checking in. The lobby was full and he was pleasantly at ease with the chaos. My room was nicely decorated. We always entered from the back side where the pool is located. The door was key entry only, however, it was always open for anyone to enter. Overall, this was a nice hotel in a beautiful area. Would most likely stay here again!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank vacagrl25
Columbia SC
Reviewed 20 November 2008

Sleep Inn Mt Pleasant was better than I expected. The room was nicer than my first stay. I stayed in one of the new rooms. Looks like they are renovating. So ask for a new room because they are a step above the old ones. Great breakfast.

• Liked — comp breakfast
  • Disliked — a little hard to find.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank ColumbiaSCLarkin
Charleston SC
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My stay at this location is superb. The staff at the front desk have accomodated me with any of my needs. The staff in the dining area are very professional as well. My experience with the cleaning staff is also superb. The professionalism is one that should be recognized and taken care of with their earnings.

Thank you for a very secure, protective environment.

Dianne Graves

• Liked — location
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank dianne_graves311
Ohio
Reviewed 30 September 2008

This was my second time staying at this hotel. I stayed again because of the location. It is perfect for downtown as well as the beach. The new rooms are nicer than Hampton's I stay at. The staff was accomodating.

• Liked — New / Clean rooms
  • Disliked — breakfast a little small, but still good.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gcipkala
South Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2008

My best friend and I decided to celebrate our 50th birthday's in Charleston S.C., one of the most beautiful places in the US. I have been many times, and have stayed in some of the best they have to offer there, and I have stayed on the cheap. This was one of the cheap trips, and it was fine with us, due to the fact that we had plans to do other things besides staying in the hotel room.

First let me say that I had read the reviews on Expedia, and here. Since there were only a few that were negative, I thought I would just take a gamble. Well, I lost. We got there, check in was smooth, and the man at the front desk was pleasant. The room however, may be at the top of my bad hotel experiences. We laughed about it then, and laugh about it now, but if you should decide to stay there, I certainly hope that you also pack a sense of humor. When we opened the door, I was a little shocked at how shabby it was. The bedspeads have seen better days, way better. As a matter of fact, one night someone had thrown theirs out into the hallway, more than likely out of disgust. There were burn holes, and spots that had melted on mine. The sink had hairs on it that I am not sure fell out of someone's head. The box springs had these little prices tags on them that said $8.99. A top from someones deodorant was under the bedspread on the floor, the bathroom was very tiny, and wouldn't have taken too long to mop, but no one had, and it was sticky enough that we took a towel and left it on the floor as a rug the whole time. Burn marks on all the table surfaces, crumbs between the mattress and box springs (also not ours), big black hand marks on the walls, and the window hadn't seen any windex in months. We never had any maid service. Our bed was not made once in three days, and we never had any clean towels, every night I went down and got them from the desk. The girl that worked there in the evenings never did anything to fix any of this. And let me also say that on the last night we were there, neither one of our keys worked, so I had to go back down and get them to give us new ones, and still she didn't do anything. You may now be asking why didn't we say something to someone in the morning? There was no one there EVER! This was the craziest place I have ever stayed. The maids must quit working at 11, never to be seen again until the next morning. I swear I never heard a vacuum cleaner running! Let me just say that these people should have PAID US to stay there, and I will assure you that the only reason that I would do it again is if I was stranded and had no other choice. It is a dirty place that needs some sprucing up, and a staff that is a bit more present. Remember to pack your humor.

• Liked — the water pressure in the shower
  • Disliked — everything else but the water pressure in the shower
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Freehold, NY
Reviewed 9 February 2008

This was a great place to stay on our way back from Florida. Just enough out of Charleston. Clean room, comfortable bed. Little hard to find but it is just after the new bridge. It is off the main road so it was very quiet. They didn't charge us anything extra for our dog, other hotels in the area wanted $75 A NIGHT! Only problem was poor cable reception on the TV.

• Liked — quiet
  • Disliked — poor tv reception
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple