All reviews complimentary beer shem creek restaurants and bars shrimp boats craft beer paddle boarders great restaurants within walking distance watching the boats sliding glass perfect location an extra blanket loved our stay scrambled eggs and bacon the entire property parking lot downtown charleston bagels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had an amazing vacation. Jess at the front desk was great! She was always super friend and helpful. The rest of the staff was very friendly. Our room was updated and clean. We can’t wait to come back next year. Thank you for everything!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Jordan B, Manager at Shem Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your excellent review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in having a well trained staff and beautiful rooms! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Let me start by saying I'm shocked that my experience did not mirror that of other reviewers. I had high expectations from the moment I received the super creative confirmation email! I was genuinely excited to surprise my husband with a stay at this location.

Positives:
Unique confirmation built excitement leading up to the trip
Location- plenty to do and see in walking distance
Complimentary breakfast although we did not partake- I love this amenity
Complimentary beer/water upon arrival
Free Wifi

Cons:
Front desk staff appeared less than enthused during arrival time
Marsh side room REALLY means parking lot view
Small, outdated room
Linens were dirty upon arrival- stain on sheets.
HVAC system was deafening and woke us up every time it kicked on
Excessive condensation was dripping down the walls under the AC unit- while I know this is difficult to avoid due to the humidity- it was unsightly and caused serious staining on the wall
Bathroom was impossible to move around in/no water pressure/conditioner was empty each day

Overall we loved the area but would pass at the opportunity to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Creek side has view of parking lot-
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay here! We work very hard to ensure each guest thoroughly enjoys their stay. We have spoken with each department and are working to improve each day! We hope we can prove to you this is one of the best hotels in Mt. Pleasant!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The Front desk staff was GREAT . Every day we were greeted and smiles everywhere. The gentleman taking care of the Breakfast area handled himself very well. I noticed a Unfriendly guest making some unpleasant comments ... The staff member smiled and made some very nice comments. He handled it well.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JordanB2924, Manager at Shem Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We take pride in having a well trained employees that handle each situation uniquely and professionally. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We have stayed at Shem Creek before, and loved the new renovations since our last visit. The location and creek-side view is very nice to sit, sip, and enjoy the view. Its just a cool place to stay, I'm sure we will stay again.

Room Tip: Creekside, corner rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jordan B, Manager at Shem Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you for your excellent feedback Jeraldine! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for pointing out our recent renovations. We're so happy to hear how much our guests are enjoying it! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I just want to start by saying if you haven’t visited shim creek you don’t know what you’re missing. I stay there recently and honestly felt like I was treated like a queen my room was perfect and Christina made sure I was well taken care of throughout the night She had a wonderful recommendations and knew a lot about the city!They have restaurants that surround them with a younger crowd that knows how to have fun. If you’re tired of your regular Hilton or Holiday Inn shim creek and is the place to be!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to let Christina know about the wonderful comments you made about her and praise her for her excellent hospitality! We hope to see you again in the near future!