“Good location”

Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Just over the bridge. Close to Shem Creek, which we loved. Rooms could have been cleaner. Breakfast was just okay.

1  Thank newtravelors
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

We are pleased you enjoyed our central location. We look forward to the opportunity to host you on your next trip to the Charleston area!

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Perfect location for touring Charleston and Sullivans Island. The breakfast is the BEST for this chain. Woman working breakfast in the morning make you feel at home. Very friendly and inviting. Fresh fruit on the menu beautifully carved in watermelon bowls. Everyone at the hotel is friendly and place was extremely clean. Rooms are large with free parking.

Room Tip: We had room behind the elevator on 2nd floor- it was HUGE and had a whirl pool bath. Could not hear...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
m_travisross, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt., responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Thank you so much much for the positive comments. We have two wonderfully talented breakfast chefs. They always strive to add additional items to our required breakfast offerings. We are glad you enjoyed our Southern Hodpitality!! We will look forward to the opportunity to host you on your next visit to Charleston.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We (My wife and I) always stay at this hotel, when visiting Charleston. Over the years we have gotten to know the staff quite well which are great (Dave). We finally found a baby sitter and we were going to have some "us" time! We took the short drive there from Columbia, SC and checked in for some excessively over due R&R. Everything was great as always until we turned in for the night. Around 2 AM I woke up itching my legs, my wife mumbled she thought something bit her (no big deal, we have stayed here dozens of times prior).

The next morning I woke up itching and I did some research on bed bugs and looked for signs of them. I found one "shell" (kind of looked like a booger) of behind the bed and saw some brown spots on the bottom and side of headboard part of the mattress/box-springs. We thought no big deal (I've never dealt with these monsters) and left our hotel for a big day of shopping and relaxing on the beach.

I did not realize the extent of the issue, until I was sitting in a boutique on King st. while my wife was getting her shopping fix. I examined my legs (I'm still scratching now 2 weeks later) and saw that i have been bit over 20+ times all over myself. I immediately called the hotel and told them my issue and ask to speak to the manager, "I'm sorry he's on the phone leave a message". I declined, called back 5 minutes later and was told the same story "He's on the phone". After calling 5 times, getting the same story I receive a call from the so called "General Manager". He was no help besides telling me basic precautions for my luggage. The nerve of me wanting some type of compensation! He told me in a rude voice that he was going to have some pest experts check out the room tomorrow and he would send me the report and some type of compensation. My hands are tied behind my back at this point (actually scratching the bejesus out of my legs) so I told him I appreciated it and looking forward to hearing from him.

NEXT DAY: More bites started to come to my attention by now and I feel like bugs are crawling on me, which that lasted for more then a week. I called him he was EXTREMELY RUDE, he claimed he had a company (rambled off the name of it) come out and there was not a single bug in our room! Then the jerk said he should charge my card for the services from this fictitious company (Who I could not find on google nor did I receive a report) who did the inspection and for him shutting down the room for aday. I didn't know what to say to that so I asked him "What happened to customer service". He responds "What happened to morals"??! I gave him my email address and demanded the report which never came but he did assure me that was a coffee stain and not a sign of bed bugs. What a surprise!

Not only have we always stayed at this hotel, we have the choice privileges premiere credit cards. I hate it ended this way with this hotel but I would not send my worst enemy to it. I hope they get their issue under control (the whole patriots point area has recent reports of bed bugs in hotels) and fire that jerk and replace him with someone who knows how to manage hotels and issues. To the person who responds to less then perfect reviews, save your time.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 302, 202, 102 as bed bugs travel down levels.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stayycation
m_travisross, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt., responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

As a result of this customers complaint during his most recent stay at our property, we contacted pest control company Ecolab Pest Elimination. The company made a inspection visit to the property on Monday June 4th. The inspection of the room this guest resided in was negative for bed bugs or pests of any kind. During a discussion with our General manager this guest was offered and copy of the report and also was given the contact information for contacting the company himself. He is claiming that this information was not offered. We would be pleased to make a copy of this report and send to him along with the full contact information for our pest control service so that he may speak with the company himself. We feel that this is a more than adequate response for this complaint.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Not a bad place to stay in this area, it is near it all and the room was fairly clean,(our room needed a carpet cleaning) and the pool was very nice. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was good, the central location and the price really make this hotel what it is.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian B
m_travisross, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt., responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding our property.. Indeed our location is prime--minutes to the Historic District and beaches. We are pleased that your were satisfied with your accommodations as well as the value and service you received. We will look forward to a future opportunity to host you on your next trip to the Charleston area!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel has a good central location for walking, running or
biking on the Cooper River ravenel bridge; or accessing the waterfront
park. It is also a 10 minute walk to the Shem Creek Park boardwalk with
views of the marsh and shrimp boats, and great Mt. Pleasant waterfront restaurants. The Charleston historic district is 5 a
or 10 minute drive. My room was a comfortable quiet suite with separate sitting
area. I really appreciated the attention to detail from Mary at the front
desk. She made extra sure the room was comfortable, and provided
detailed information about area sites. The freshly cooked breakfast buffet
was a step up from the typical hotel junk food. It was fun to
listen to the friendly banter between cook staff and guests. The
Quality Inn is a great choice for visiting the Charleston and
Sullivan's Island area.

1  Thank levnc
m_travisross, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt., responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our property. We are so pleased you found the hotel central to all lowcountry attractions as well as the foot/cycle access to the wonderful parks adjacent to the hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed our hot buffet breakfast. Our breakfast hosts really enjoy interacting with our guests. We hope you felt that you received the warmest southern hospitality!

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Charleston!

Reviewed 2 June 2012

We usually stay at the Shem Creek Inn just down the street but decided to try this place since I had a friends and family discount to use. The hotel lobby and our room was very clean. The front desk staff very friendly. Great location. The breakfast is fantastic for the limited kitchen appliances the chef had to use. The grits were creamy and delish! This continental breakfast is unlike any you have had in other hotels. Great place for an overnight!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bridge if there is one
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cameile M
m_travisross, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt., responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

We are pleased we had the opportunity to host you on your last visit to the Charleston area. We are sure you found our central location an asset to your trip! Yes,our breakfast chef strives to stretch our breakfast offerings as far as our limited service service capacity will allow! We appreciate you taking time to post your positive comments. We look forward to a future opportunity to host you on a future trip to the Charleston area.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel has a great location just across the bridge from historic Charleston, near excellent restaurants in Mount Pleasant and right around the corner from Patriots Point. We had a Suite and were very pleased with the decor and the size. The Suite had a bedroom, living room with kitchen which included a microwave and refrigerator, plus the jacuzzi bathtub for 2 was an unexpected surprise. If you're elderly, you won't want a room with a jacuzzi bathtub as it's a little difficult to step over the high sides to take your shower. Our room was both clean and quiet -- a nice home away from home during our 2 night stay. Breakfast included both hot and cold choices and the cook was a charming woman named Nicole who made her presence known in case you needed anything. This hotel would have gotten a perfect 5 star rating if the internet connection hadn't been so slow -- we finally gave up trying to connect. We told the desk clerk that the internet was too slow to be useable but there was nothing he could do to help. If you're on a pleasure trip and don't care about checking your email, etc then this isn't a big deal. However, the poor internet service is a huge problem for a business traveler.

Room Tip: Breakfast is served on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryA2012

Thank you for posting your recent review. We are so happy you were pleased with your accommodations at our property during your recent visit to the Charleston area. We strive to exceed our brand expectations and to extend the warmest southern hospitality. Nicole surely is an asset to our employee team!

I have spoken with our internet provider and reported the difficulties you experienced trying to connect with our wi-fi service. He was unable to detect a single cause for this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We have a pretty solid base of corporate clientele that utilize our wi-fi during their business trips that have not reported any difficulties in accessing our system. We suspect this was an isolated incident.

We look forward to a future opportunity to host you during your next visit to the Charleston area.