“We will return / have family nearby and it was clean, quiet and convenient.”

Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
“We will return / have family nearby and it was clean, quiet and convenient.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

We received an upgrade to a suite because of a small error in booking . Excellent and polite staff , a very nice and hot breakfast and Ms. Neece, the "breakfast lady" was a ray of sunshine and cheerfulness for those if us who are not morning folks! Pretty much everything was top notch and it was a good bargain and not so pricey as the fancier hotels in town. Go! Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank FrogzRMe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
moore,s.c.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Having spent more than thirty nights from september 2012 to february 2013 my wife and i could not have picked a better motel to stay at. The staff went out of their way to see that we were comfortable and all our needs were met. The breakfast gave a good choice from cold cereal to a hot bar that included eggs, bacon, grits, biscuits and sausage gravy. This was topped off with freshly baked blueberry or banana muffins. The motel is very quiet,clean and well maintained. Located in an area that gives easy acces to down town Charleston, a nice family park and fishing pier located under the Ravenel bridge which is within easy walking distance or easly gotten to by car. Patriot's point is less than a half mile from the motel. We will be staying there any time we go to Charleston.

L

I

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank appllepie
Tiger, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

The employees are great (especially Neecie in the breakfast room), the hotel is spotless, and we love the location. We have stayed there for the last six years when attending the local oyster festival at Boone Hall, and although it's not in Charleston, downtown is a quick trip right across the river. We are walkers and bike riders, so the hotel is perfect to use the paths over the bridge or through Patriots' Point, and there are lots of very good restaurants nearby in Mt. Pleasant. The managers of this hotel add some extras to make the normal hotel breakfast very special, and it is served and maintained by a wonderful lady named Neecie. A very fine place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steve P
Apple Valley, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days in January. We were very happy with the location, it is just across the bridge from downtown Charleston and only took minutes to get over there. The hotel staff were all very friendly and the woman cooking breakfast was just a hoot. The breakfast was good, bacon, eggs, biscuits, muffins, etc. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable, the only downside is the lack of any counter space in the bathroom but that's not a deal breaker for me. Overall really happy with the value of this hotel!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mlss0
Lake City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We had stayed here before and the place is still very well kept with a great group of people running it. Good location just across the bridge from downtown Charleston. All the staff was very friendly and polite and the room was very clean. The breakfast area was well kept and clean with a decent selection of items to choose from. We really had no complaints and would definitely stay again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gary w
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I spent a week at this property in October 2012 and here is the review of my stay.
When I checked in I was given room 333. Upon entering the room it smelled badly, basically it just stunk. I returned to the front desk and spoke with the gentlemen on duty and asked about changing rooms and he stated "they all smell like that just turn on the air conditioning and it should clear up". I further mentioned to him I was sold a bridge view but my view was obstructed and asked could I move on down the hall, in hopes of a room without a foul odor and a better view, he stated "if you move any further down you will hear every car that goes over the bridge". He never offered anything. Obviously he wasn't about to make any attempt to change my room and I had to deal with the odor, which got a little better, but I detected it all week. The least thing that could have been done would have been to offer to spray the room.

The housekeeping services was terrible. Mainly my room attendant didn't do anything but grab the trash and make the bed and leave.

My room wasn't vacuumed all week long as I could see the same stuff on the floor.

I have attached pictures that will show you the following -

Black mold in the refrigerator

At least a year of dust on the bathroom lights, two pictures one where I had wiped my finger across to show the dust.

What appeared to be mold on the ceiling in the bathroom

Water / soap splatters on the bathroom door which were never washed off. I checked and they did wipe off easily.

Ratty torn shower curtain

The pictures are not the best, from my phone.

The toilet seat was dirty upon check in.

Other incidents that made the trip worse -

I had to request the room attendant change the sheets on day three as she was starting to make the bed up without doing so. I understand the Green policy but three days is the normal change date at most facility's.

The staff allowed a boat and trailer to consume six parking places nightly in the central lot and caused others to have to park by the dumpsters. I realize they were most likely full but the boat should have had to been placed down by the dumpsters and not infringe on other guest taking up six spaces. When I spoke to the front desk gentlemen, the same one as the odors, he commented "I totally agree with you" and that was it. Apparently his method is to pacify folks with words they want to hear and take no action on anything.

The Wifi in my room worked rarely. The desk folks said they would reset it on three different occasions but I finally gave up on it.

The best asset in personnel would be the wonderful lady that cooks the breakfast, shes a winner for guest excellence.

To sum it up the room was not up to standards, and definitely not worth the $109.00 a night I had to pay for the week. I hate to sound like a complainer but it is what it is.

I would have actually moved out and not stayed there but other properties in the immediate area were full during that time. I feel at this point in time my money was wasted.

I contacted the General Manager and received an email stating basically that they dropped the ball and offered me a one nights stay for my inconvenience. I spent a lot of money that week with them. I returned the email and asked for two nights complimentary due to the amount of problems and the amount of money I was out and have never heard back from him.

Since October 2012 I have sent 6 emails inquiring why he would not respond to my email counter offer and still nothing as of 1-4-12.

My suggestion is check your room before you agree to stay here. The clerk himself even stated that all the rooms stunk. Look at the pictures I have attached and you will see for yourself.
Don't waste your time staying here. In my opinion its a over priced, dirty, hotel with a manager and staff that could care less. There are many hotels in this same area to choose from.

This was a big full weekend for them and they knew it as this event was booked months in advance. One would think you would put on your best for a large crowd. If this is how they prepare for a huge full house I can't imagine what they would do at other times.

Room Tip: Check the room before you agree to stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank apspres
Pepperell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

My husband and i had a weeks stay at the Wild Dunes, on the Isle of Palms in Mt. Pleasant, SC. during our stay my husband was put into the hospital due to Pneumonia for 8 days. I had to check out of the condo on monday and had to find a hotel. I found the Quality in directly before you go over the bridge to Charleston, I was very impressed with the location and it was convient to the hospital in Mt. pleasant and even closer to downtown Charleston. I was greeted by the manager Lisa, who couldn't be nicer, not knowing how long i would be there she said not to worry fortunatly it was there slow season so if I needed more than a night or 2 they would be able to accomate my needs. She even helped me discover some neat places in the area, even offered me help if my husband needed to stay longer than my travel plans allowed, fortunatly he was able to get released thanksgiving day so we were able to keep our original flight plans. The rooms were nice with a good bed and an excellant hot breakfast. I highly recomend staying here when you are visiting the Charleston area, for those that like to take a run in the am or pm there is a very nice trail that goes through Patriot Point and also a golf course called The Links at Patriot Point. Very reasonable room rates vs. staying downtown and traffi is easy and shopping more than you can imagine all around you!

Room Tip: you may want to request a suite, very nice and roomey
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo