“Great hotel and kudos to the ladies who ran the breakfast bar”

Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Traveled to Charleston on May 10-11 for my son's graduation from the College of Charleston. I was in pretty rough shape as I was just release from the hospital, but was allowed to travel for this special occasion. I was quite a sight on crutches and wearing compression hose from a pulmonary embolism. The wonderful ladies at the breakfast bar really looked out for me and helped me get fed and situated each morning. I was really impressed with the compassion they showed for me. The rest of the hotel staff was very nice too, but these ladies really stood out. The hotel was great, and we will definitely go back there in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our family of four came to Mt. Pleasant for a vacation in June of 2013. We stayed in a Queen Suite at this motel for five nights. I've stayed in a lot of motel suites in my life, but I must say that this was one of the very best. The motel was almost spotless, very quiet, in a pretty area, and it had a breakfast that seemed as if everything was made from scratch, fresh from the kitchen.

First let me describe the suite. It consisted of a room with two queen beds, a bathroom, and a short hallway (no door) that led to a front room with a pullout double sofa bed and a second television. The bathroom had a bathtub with jets in it. The bathtub was almost double-wide, about 2-person size. While the jets were not as strong as in some full-powered jacuzzis, it was nevertheless an enjoyable way to relax. There was also a refrigerator and microwave in the little "hallway" from the main room with the queen beds to the front room with the sofa bed. The suite perfectly fit our needs for five nights. It was quite "long," finished in luxurious wood, and very, very nice for the moderate price we paid. The price was about $30 or $40 above the price we would've paid for a normal room, but it was well worth it. We had thought about staying at a motel on the beach, but I think we got a lot more comfort for a lot less money at this motel.

The breakfast was on the second floor every morning in a pleasing, carpeted room. If you've traveled much, you get accustomed to the advertised "hot breakfasts" in most motel chains that consist of the usual bland eggs, twice-heated gravy, run-of-the-mill sausage patties, and muffins out of a cellophane package. This motel's breakfast was much better. There's a chance that some of it came out of packages, but if so, you'd never know it. Everything tasted homemade. The blueberry and banana muffins surely came straight out of the oven! They were crumbled with something delectable and were sprinkled with powdered sugar. Every morning I looked forward to those muffins. They also served bacon, biscuits, sausage gravy, fluffy scrambled eggs, and various other cold items such as fruit and cereals. We were there for five mornings, and I would've liked to see some gourmet coffee (I admit that I'm spoiled when it comes to fancy coffees) and more variety of entrees from day to day, but really, I can't complain. The breakfast was excellent--far above what we had expected.

Outside, the motel was a 20-minute walk on a blacktop walking path to Patriot's Point, which is the home of the naval museum and the takeoff point for various boat tours to Fort Sumter, etc. You can also catch the water taxi to Charleston from there. The famous Ravenal bridge is also within very close walking distance if you desire to walk on the walkway that goes over the 2-mile bridge. The motel is surrounded by trees. Across the street is a golf course. It is in a very pleasant location. The motel itself seems new, or at least recently updated. The staff was friendly and did their best to assist us with directions regarding local attractions.

We were in a minor car accident on our trip, so it was good to have a nice place to rest while we waited for our car to be fixed.

Restaurants are in the area. You could probably walk to some of them if you were willing to take a little hike, but none were hugging the motel. If you want the trees and park-like surroundings, you can't have all the restaurants, too! However, many restaurants are within a five or ten-minute drive. Isle of Palms beach is about a 15 to 20-minute drive away.

If we ever come back to the Charleston, S.C. area, we will definitely stay here. It was by far one of the best motels I've ever stayed in. Thank you to the manager and staff at this great motel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cammie Q
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. Staff was always cheerful and helpful. Breakfast staff was fun and entertaining and it was delicious. We booked a 4 night stay Mon-Thurs. loved it so much wanted to stay 1 more night and rate went up $42 because it was Friday. Seems like gouging-- same great service- nothing different

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The Director of Sales, Lisa Crowley, was a huge help for us as we make wedding party hotel reservations! She made the entire experience a real pleasure. The hotel staff were very kind and most helpful! I would highly recommend Quality Inn and Suites Patriots Point to anyone needing to schedule out of town guest for a wedding!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My stay on June 3rd at the Quality Inn was very pleasant I only stayed for one night and enjoyed it very much. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and the cookies and beverages also. On the next morning the breakfast was the boom, the cook, Miss Neesey Horton, was just a delight. Every hotel should have a Miss Neesey doing their continental breakfast. I was not the only one in our group that enjoyed their stay. 99 percent of them felt the same way. Hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Spent two nights here, and had a nice stay. The rooms are large, the shower ok, free internet seemed to be reliable and the location good.

You are are about 1/2 mile from Patriots Point and can get the water taxi across to Charleston.

The beds are firm and comfortable, no saggy mattresses. Breakfast was a basic hot cooked eggs, bacon, biscuits type thing. Not too bad at all.

There is a gas station right next door which is very convenient.

The only grip I have is that it was a busy weekend and there were some kids running around on the floor above and it was somewhat noisy from their thumping feet early one morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pxtaylor
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Well it was a short trip to Charleston and courtesy of Golf Packages of South Carolina, they put us in the Quality Inn, our first impression was that it was some way from Charleston, but it wasn't really, just a 10 minutes drive to Meeting St.

We had a room with a Spa double bath and the room was well presented.

Definitely a good choice if you don't want to be paying the high prices of Charleston and need somewhere local to stay.

Only one fault, the polystyrene plates for breakfast undersell the place. please use proper plates and cutlery.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple