“Incredible Experience!!!!”

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
raleigh
“Incredible Experience!!!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2009

When me and some friends decided to take a trip to Charleston we called around and spoke to MANY hotels. We were absolutly blown away by the professionalism of the person on the phone at the Mainstay Suites. I decided to book our reservations there. Once I made our reservations I checked around to see what other people had to say. I have to admit I was a little leary at first because of the mixed reviews on this site. But I just decided to give it a chance because most of the reviews were a couple of years old. WOW!!!! is all I can say. We were greated by the most pleasant lady (Elizabeth) who checked us in early. Once we got up to our room (a two bedroom two bath suite) we discovered that everything was brand new. It felt like we were the first guests to stay in the room. Everything was so clean and fresh. The next morning we had a delightful breakfast and was given great recomendations for tours and attractions. After our third night there we felt like family. The staff was outgoing and always asked how our day was. On Tueday evening the manager (William) had a reception for all the guests. Please all who reads this review disregard the old reviews! This is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. You will have a staff that cares about the guests and their needs, a convienient location to downtown Charleston and the beaches, and a clean and comfortable suite for less than a regular room at nearby hotels.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cranbury, NJ
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We recently spent 4 nights at a 2-bedroom Suite in Mainstay. Four adults - parents and 2 grown daughters. The hotel is just across the Bridge and in Patriots Point, only 5 - 10 minutes from downtown Charleston. The hotel has a welcoming "curb appeal" and I must admit, I was a little nervous about the place, based on some of these reviews. However, the negative reviews seemed to be at least 2-3 years old. The unit was on the smaller side of course, but adequate. It provided privacy for me and my husband and also provided a separate bedroom for my daughers. There are 2 bathrooms and each has a hairdryer. The showers were excellent and we never ran out of hot water even though we all showered within minutes of each other.
The unit was clean and the kitchen was clean with everything we needed. The staff happily replaced whatever we needed, paper towels, bath towels, cold water in the gym.
The front desk staff was friendly and eager to make our stay pleasant.
The breakfast was adequate and provided healthy items, cereal, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, juice.
The beds were also very comfortable.
Our one problems was an air conditioner which froze over and we had to keep the unit off overnight to let it thaw out. There are ceiling fans in the bedrooms and kitchen. We were uncomfortable that night, but the unit worked fine after that. We were given a discount on this night due to the inconvenience.
Overall, a great place to stay when vacationing in the Charleston Area if you are looking for a clean, inexpensive (relatively speaking) hotel with comfortable beds and hot showers.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Swannanoa nc
Reviewed 20 November 2008

My Husband & I stayed at the Mainstay, & at check in we were greeted by the most helpful & friendly front desk clerk who made us feel so welcome. The room was fantastic. Very Clean.. the beds were so comfortable, I slept like a baby. The breakfast was very nice & come Tuesday evening, we were so pleased to find that they provided a hot meal free for the guest that evening, & it was exccellent. The house keeping was perfect, & made sure everything was fully stocked & clean during our stay, We loved the large layout of the rooms & the pool area & courtyard was great. This pleasant stay made our vacation extra special. We look foward to staying there again each time we visit Charleston,

Stayed November 2008
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 September 2008

We had the pleasure of being some of the first guests to stay here on the night the Bridgeview Suites changed over to the MainStay Suites. Although I've heard that reviews for the "old" hotel were less than wonderful, the new Mainstay Suites have been refurbished and taken over by new management that have
improved the property considerably.
We want to personally thank General Manager, William Barnhill
and Amy Thomas for their attention to detail and personalized service. Our stay with you was as comfortable as if we had stayed with family or friends. We will definitely come back to your hotel on future visits to the area. And we'll also recommend that others we know do the same. Thank~you for making our vacation
a pleasant one!

• Liked — Excellent Service, Polite & Helpful Staff, Good location, Comfortable & Quiet rooms
  • Disliked — ~NA~
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
raleigh
Reviewed 6 August 2008

What a beautiful hotel!!!! I could tell that it was still undergoing a remodel, but boy were we surprised by the room. The decor was very modern and inviting. Our room had 3 plasma televisions, a full kitchen, and a sitting area. It worked great for our family. The new management and staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make me and my family feel at home. Their suggestions on what to do while we were in town proved helpful in planning our activities. I will tell all my friend and family coming into the area to stay here.

• Liked — Friendly staff and decor
  • Disliked — Traffic
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank hotellovers6901
HamptonVA
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Absolutely beautiful place to stay. Very small pool (outdoors) and our water pressure was bad. Also the water was only luke warm no matter if you put the hot or cold water on.. BUT... it was really beautiful. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. It had a lovely mini kitchen, beautiful view, beautifully decorated. NO BUGS! and NO DINGYNESS like the hotel across the street (masters inn) and down the street (days inn). I had checked into the days inn first (aka. roach motel) and checked out of there immediately but not without a fight and then I checked into the masters which was just falling apart and it looked like they went to a cheap thrift store for all the furniture including the mattresses which were two different heights. So I checked out of there but not without getting tricked into paying.. Another fight (that I won) and then I was extremely relieved to view the room at the Bridgeview Suites BEFORE I paid (thanks to the lovely receptionist) and we stayed two days and loved it.

• Liked — Gorgeous rooms.. not cramped
  • Disliked — no hot water in my room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank lexyqbean
new york
Reviewed 22 June 2008

horrible, terrible, awful, hotel. I'm warning all who read this. be aware this hotel while under construction has no management present. and the guest relations are un helpful. the pool is filthy. my children had been ill from the facility's smell coming from the constructuin. and we recieved not even a sorry. horrible experience. i found the people rude and extremely un helpful, and absolutly uneducated in what they are to be doing at the hotel. I blame POOR MANAGEMENT. DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything was bad
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
paula28650, Director of Sales and Marketing at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 31 July 2009
We apologize to the reviewers whose experience was not what they expected or deserved. Many changes have transpired at the hotel. A total renovation has been completed. Each studio suite and two bedroom suite has been completely remodeled, as well as the lobby and the 24 hour staffed front desk. Mainstay Suites is also being operated by a new management company.
The past cleanliness and service issues were unacceptable, and we are sorry. We invite Trip Advisor users to refer to our current reviews. Trip Advisor is now publishing Mainstay Suite’s current reviews under the B&B/Inns category. To retrieve them, please type Mainstay Suites, Mount Pleasant in the Trip Advisor search bar.
Thank you for your consideration of Mainstay Suites by Choice Hotels of Mt. Pleasant.