“Nice location, friendly”

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Nice location, friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

This is a nice hotel in a hotel zone right across the harbor from Charleston. A great place to stay right outside the city limit but within quick and easy access to downtown and to airport. Clean and very comfortable bed and pillows. Friendly staff. Breakfast area was small and not much of a business area. The fitness room equipment was not in working order. We only stayed one night but it was clean and quiet.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Swannanoa nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

We have been traveling to Charleston for the last couple of years and will buy a retirment home there soon. We Chose to Stay at the Main Stay a couple years ago in Mount Pleasant for the Excellent Location. The Hotel is Excellent and very, very clean. The rooms are big in size with pull sofa's, suites, flat screen TV's in all the rooms, Kitchen if needed. The Hotel staff make you feel at home and welcome you like you are family. Hot Breakfast, wonderful views, so close to the beaches, and a short walk to the Mount Pleasant Water Front Park. Very safe location. I am in the hotel business & beleive me, this hotel is Excellent. I recommed MainStay to all travelers heading to Charleton. You will be welcomed with friendly staff accommodating any and all needs you might have. Amy the Manager always treats every guest as if they are family. We give this hotel 5 stars and more. EXCELLENT "

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kathymariehayes
The South
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

We had the two bedroom suite and enjoyed it very much. Having a tv in each room (3 total) helped since the living area is very small with just a love seat and one small chair. We were impressed with the nice little kitchen, equiped with a few dishes and good appliances. The beds were good and the bathrooms were roomy enough. The hotel itself is very nice with an outside terrace and good breakfast. Staff was pleasant, but if you plan to use the laundry facility, bring plenty of quarters. They did not have change at the front desk and there is no change machine, or detergent dispenser. We will stay again if we are in need of an extra bedroom.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Charleston,SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

Since I live in the Charleston area, I thought the Mainstay Suites would be an acceptable choice to stay for a week while my home was being updated. I could not have been more wrong! I checked in on a Saturday when all the electricity, phone and internet was out in mid August when temperatures are in the 90"s because of unknown reasons (maybe the thunderstorm?). I realized this was not the fault of the hotel, but a back-up generator would have been a good investment for this hotel. Things did not start getting horrible until the next morning when at 9:00 a.m. my husband and I decided to do some laundry downstairs in the guest laundromat. I accidentally left my purse on top of the dryer when I left to go to my car. When I immediately realized I forgot my purse on top of the dryer, I ran inside, told the front desk, called the police and asked to see the video surveillance camera to see who may have taken my purse. Even the officer wanted to see this video. Guess what? The manager would not come in to show us the video!!! This information could have helped me and this nice officer tremendously. How could this hotel be so callous and uncaring? Everything I had was in that purse! We could have been able to see who took my purse. I will never again make the mistake of forgetting my purse and I will also never make the mistake of staying in Mainstay Suites-EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

A friend and I decided on a last minute trip to the Charleston/ Mt. Pleasant area and stayed here by using one of my rewards programs. I had stayed here previously in 2006 with a large group of girls. I do have to say that they have upgraded and improved on the hotel. We stayed in the 1 Queen Bed Efficiency Suite. Even though it was a non-smoking room, it did slightly smell like someone had smoked in that room. It is hard to regulate that when they still sell smoking rooms within a hotel. it's funny how smokers don't like to stay in smoking rooms and in turn request non-smoking rooms to smoke it up in. I digress.

New TVs, complimentary internet, laundry room, complimentary breakfast with a hot option, and useful kitchenette with full size refrigerator are pluses. It you haven't been back in a while, give them another chance. We had a small issue with the bathroom light and they came up right away to fix it. They even offered us the option to move to another room if they were not able to fix it, but that wasn't necessary since the issue was resolved.

I wouldn't worry about the bad feedbacks too much. Take note of the dates on the reviews. It seems like most of the recent reviews have mostly been positive and the past experiences have been nullified with the updates.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank amzgrace
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights/6days while on vacation in Charleston. I was worried about what we would find after some of the reviews I read but as soon as you walked in the hotel was very clean and smelled very clean. The hotel staff was great very friendly. Once we got into our room it was bigger than expected it was truly 2 separate bedrooms and each had a full size bathroom. The kitchen was great, had everything but an oven but that was fine. Housekeeping was every 3 days but if you called and ask for anything they would have it to you in no time. We had 2 adults and 2 children in our party and the room fit us perfect. We will be staying at this hotel when we visit Charleston from now on...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

My family has stayed at this suite hotel frequently since it was built about 15 years ago. For a while a few years back it was an independent motel & became run down. Now it is with the Choice Hotels chain and being managed very efficiently. The rooms were very clean & breakfast was good. My ONLY complaint is the only air conditioner in the suite rooms is located in the living area. Each bedroom has a ceiling fan and a ventilation duct to facilitate air flow. However, in the summer I personally would prefer more air conditioning as the bath rooms could get a bit steamy and warm. This is not a problem at all in the winter as the bedrooms and baths were comfortable. The single rooms should not be affected this way, but we always have needed a suite. I have seen the single rooms and they were very roomy. We find this motel to be a good value and well located. There are sidewalks and you can walk to a lovely waterside park and playground. You can also walk to and over the Cooper River Bridge which is a local favorite. I will definitely stay there again -- even in the summer -- & bring my own portable fan during the summer!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family