Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 14 June 2012

First visit to this hotel. We were very pleased. Great location to beach, shopping, restaurants and shopping. Hotel was very clean and friendly staff. Hotel was booked during our stay but very quiet. We stayed for 7 nights and each day there was a different selection for breakfast. The pool area is a little small and towels aren't always available but this isn't a major problem as most people are there to sight see or go to the beach. I would recommend visiting Boone Hall plantation and it is just down the road. Coconut Joes and Acme restaurant are great places to eat on the Isle of Palms. Love this area and Charleston, SC is the most beautiful city! We hope to return soon.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Meahme

Reviewed 13 June 2012

This Hotel is about a 5 minute ride to the beach....located in front of a 24 hour Bi-lo's supermarket with many eating places,nearby drug store and shops as well. The Hampton Inn has a nice Hot complimentry breakfast and serves wonderful sugar cookies in the evening. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomidating.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobbieap
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times in the past, but just getting around to giving a review. This is a great hotel: rooms are clean and spacious, staff friendly, beds comfortable, and good breakfast. No Complaints. They are consistent! Bathrooms look to have been recently remodeled. It's close to the Isle of Palm and downtown. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DGMCCULL
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Room was comfortable and reasonably clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Isabel in the breakfast area was especially great, and the desk staff was very nice. location is great heather you're headed to the beach or into Carleston. We will stay here again!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was my second visit to the Charleston area for business and I stayed at this lovely hotel again. The lobby and breakfast area are so inviting with a southern plantation look and feel. Clean and comfortable rooms and super nice staff! Although I have only been here on business it would be a great place to bring my family too!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank luckyno39
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I love staying at Hampton Inns, but this was one of the yuckiest places I've ever stayed at. It was an older property, which is...ehh, ok, but that was the least of my concerns. Their housekeeping staff leaves much to be desired. The only plus to this hotel was the proximity to the beach, and that didn't matter that much to me because this was a work trip.

Here are some things that I noticed off the bat: The front desk is recessed behind a wall, so you have to really walk into the lobby before you see someone. The CSR at the front was on the phone when I came in, and didn't even look up to acknowledge me. Poor service irks me, so that (combined with previous unheeded warnings about not staying here) immediately sent my flags up. The CSR was courteous enough when she did finally acknowledge me, but wasn't impressive.

The room was an older room, and on first glance, appeared clean. I immediately noticed the Xfinity cable box sitting next to the tv, which made me happy. I tried to turn on the tv, and I couldn't. The remote was there, everything was plugged in, but I couldn't turn it on. I had to call down to the front desk and had to have someone from maintenance come up and "show me the trick" to working the tv. Really? In this day and age? I mentioned the room was older, and that was evident in the bathroom, where I swear the toilet (the entire thing, not just the seat) was going to fall apart every time I even LOOKED at it.

Now, to the real issue. The housekeeping. I realize that the staff is under a serious time crunch, and I get that they don't have time to clean every nook and cranny (even though I'd prefer it!) However, I didn't expect that they wouldn't really clean at all. I had dropped something on the floor accidentally when I was rushing off to work, and when I came back, it wasn't where I had dropped it, so I thought "Oh good, they got it for me. They must think I'm a slob." Not so much. I found the item I had dropped BEHIND THE NIGHTSTAND. Did I mention that it was a dryer sheet? It's not like it was a valuable item or something I might have wanted to keep. I actually was quite disgusted with them for that. I did tweet it to @Hampton, and I did speak to hotel management, and they gave me a credit for one night (which wasn't my goal really). There were other things that clued me in to the lack of cleanliness (like finding my tv guide on the side of the bed after 2 days), but that was the biggest issue.

Overall, I wouldn't go back to this hotel unless there was absolutely no other choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pt320
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Ok-I love Hamptons and always stay there. Thus stay was actually average, but poor for a Hampton. To wit-terrible pillows, sofa was old and tired and stained, walking on room carpet with bare feet made you feel icky, closet door roller broken, furniture old and bad hardware, had to go to 3 rooms to get a good one cuz the first had a bad tick in the AC, in the second, "old Musty" was blowin out of the AC. Not my usual Hampton. Front desk-check pool-check breakfast-check rooms-checkmate Not hard to fix the place up to a worthy hampton--do it :-) ps I will still always go to a Hampton if I didnt care, I wouldnt write this-just sayin

Room Tip: Be sure to check the AC out some have weird noises some have fans that dont blow right
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael A
Travellers also viewed these Mount Pleasant hotels
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston / Mt. Pleasant
Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Pa...
#10 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
SpringHill Suites Charleston Mount Pleasant
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms? Share your experiences!