Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Great Hampton Inn, Priced just right for the property and level of service. We stayed here for two nights and could not have been more pleased. Staff was great, always smiling and breakfast was a notch above similar priced hotels.

I hope to return to Charleston SC and stay at this property.

P.S. there is a lot to do with in walking distance, eat, Drink, and Shop and it is easy to get on 526 to be anywhere in Charleston quickly.

The Breakfast does get packed after 9:00 am.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn, Mt. Pleasant. I was on a business trip and the hotel was most convenient to Isle of Palms. From the receptionist who greeted me at the front desk to the wonderful "breakfast ladies" who helped me with breakfast the next morning, every employee I came in contact with was very friendly, smiling and very helpful. My room was large and very comfortable. I had an excellent night's rest and the bathroom was updated. Others have complained that the hotel was not clean but I found it to be very clean and the decor was very attractive. I will certainly stay at this hotel when I am in the area either for business for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We were on vacation and stopped there for one night I thought that in general everything was realy but it might be a bit expensive, room was clean and confortable and employees were freindly. Would consider going again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The owner of this Hampton Inn is barely keeping it up to brand standards and that is my main gripe. The bathrooms are updated and the TV hook-up is Xfinity; those are plusses. The internet connection is good and fast. The room and linens were clean but who doesn't expect that as basic criteria. However, half of the furniture is gone compared to other HIs where I've stayed this year including one on the far west side of Charleston.

There is no desk/work space - as advertised - and no desk chair, no side chair, no floor lamp, only one night stand, no luggage stand, no mini-fridge, no microwave. So, the room looks bare with its two queens with their HI lumpy comforters, one low table in front of a wall-mounted hotel mirror and a small three drawer chest of drawers, two SC prints framed over the beds, and the carpet is getting a bit threadbare. There is an older AC window unit that is noisy but it works.

I decided not to move hotels because of its proximity to my planned activities but I did discuss the quality of the room with the front desk. After reading Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel and the other HI in Mt Pleasant (which apparently doesn't clean your room if you booked through an online broker), I made on-line reservations via Hilton's website. I am a Hilton Honors member and used a AAA discount. I asked the front desk lady if I got a bare room because of the AAA discount. She said 'no' that all 'standard double queen rooms' were furnished like this. I pointed out that other HIs were fully furnished and that their web page mentioned amenities that weren't in the room. She didn't know what the webpage advertised and, while being pleasant enough, she offered nothing else except a shrug.

I'm not in the mood to discuss this with the manager. No one from this place has responded to any TripAdvisor comments good or bad. I will send a letter to Hilton though when I get home. I stay at other chains so I do have other options that I consider have equal or better quality for the same price range.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have stayed a few times at this Hampton Inn. The rooms are always clean and free breakfast is very good. It has a great location just minutes from the heart of Mt. Pleasant and the Isle of Palms beaches. Another plus is that this is located right by BiLo so getting groceries and beach supplies is very easy. It is much cheaper and a better value than Isle of Palms beach front hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My family stopped in without a reservation and was able to get a room for the night. The hotel is within a mile to the Boone Plantation which we planned to visit the next day. The lobby was nice and bright - tables in a well lit area for their morning breakfast. Our room was nice - comfortable queen sized beds with a note saying all bed linens as well as comforters are cleaned after each guest. The bathroom was a nice size -and clean. They do have free Wi-Fi which they tell you a code to type in to access it. There is a small pool available- but we didn't take advantage of it. At 5:00, they have cookies in the lobby which was a nice touch. The morning breakfast was nice - we appreciated not having to go out and buy breakfast - they had eggs, oatmeal, a variety of cold cereals - potatoes and make your own waffles!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cmariert
Reviewed 28 June 2012

First visit to this hotel - what a gem! Room are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The staff is extremely courteous and the complimentary breakfast had a nice selection which changed daily. Proximity to the beach and shopping is an easy 5 minute drive. The hotel, despite being full, was quiet and restful! I'll definetely return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelgirl1959
Travellers also viewed these Mount Pleasant hotels
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston / Mt. Pleasant
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt ...
#11 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms? Share your experiences!