“Renovated Alright!!”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Renovated Alright!!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The staff were nasty down to the weekend manager on duty is non-exsistent, for renovated rooms entire place smells of musty mold, I guess its because of to much contruction groups, there was hair in the bathroom, and the hallways smells like people smoking pot. This hotel is a value compared to the rest of the area, the savings is not worth it.Don't bother staying here.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations and that our staff did not attend to your needs in a friendly manner. Please know, I am addressing your comments with the entire team and working with them to improve our customer service moving forward. As well, they are currently working to eliminate any odors from the hotel. I can assure you that we do not condone illegal behavior of any kind, and will also be taking action as needed based on your comments.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cmp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I made reservations here as my Citadel class was at the Holiday Inn Express next door and the rooms were sold out there. Check-in was not a problem and was given a ground floor room. I was informed there was a "grab and go" breakfast in the mornings, a WIFI password, and that I would need a room key to access the lobby after 11 PM as the front desk wasn't staffed. Also, as I was only staying there for two nights, I would get no maid service and if I wanted new towels, I would have to exchange them at the front desk.

The room itself was ok, but the amenities were few. For example, while there was soap in the bathroom there was no complimentary shampoo like most other hotels I have stayed in. The bed was stiff and the TV had the basic cable channels and Showtime. Parking was always easy and spots were available near the entrance most hours of the day. Even though I am an IT professional, I had difficulty connecting my iPad to the hotel WIFI. I went to the front desk and was directed to call an 800 number for assistance. I eventually figured it out and got connected.

The location was ideal as it is quite easy to get to/from the hotel on Highway 17. It is just off the bridge. Directly across the highway from the hotel is a grocery story and several restaurants to choose from.

The Grab and Go breakfast is coffee, cereal bars, and packaged muffins.

During my last night, I was awaken at 3 AM by an overly passionate couple directly next door, so the sound insulation in the rooms is not great. Considering there was no one at the front desk, I just let it be and fell back to sleep.

Overall, the price is good, the room quality mediocre, and the location perfect.

Room Tip: Choose one on a high floor away from others.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bobstrange
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Bob - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our location and great price. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast, which is a new feature at our hotel. Still, I would like to apologize for the trouble that you had connecting to the internet, but am glad that our service line was able to assist.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Lake Barrington, IL
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The room was adequate. My bathroom sink was clogged for 3 days, and believe me, it was looking and smelling pretty gross. When I told the manager they said it would be fixed. When I got back to my room that night it was still clogged. The next morning I spoke with a different person at the front desk. She said the maintenance person was on vacation and there was nothing that could be done! They asked me if I had tried to unclog the sink. Really? Finally the next day it was fixed. i guess they called in a back up. DUH!

When i contacted ESA they were gracious (gracious?) enough to send me a voucher for a free night at an ESA. Really? I would do that? I think some monetary compensation would have been more appropriate. Yes, they are very inexpensive, but buyer beware. You get (or don't get) what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Theresa C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Theresa - Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. I want to start by apologizing for not meeting your maintenance needs. Our goal is to make sure our guest are comfortable and any issues taken care of immediately. I was happy to hear that you did enjoy our location and would love to have you back as a guest again. Please understand that this is not the normal at our location, and we were in a bind when our maintenance man was on vacation. As soon as I was made aware of the issue I did call and get a maintenance man from another property to take care of the issue for you.

Again, I do apologize. If you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me at cmp@extendedstay.com
Wilder
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Checked in for a cheaper place to stay before a cruise to save a little money. I really feel that I got a GREAT value for my money. After driving 12 hours all I wanted was a clean comfortable bed and this place more than filled the bill. It started off with the lady at the desk at check in. Esther was all smiles and efficiency even though she was in the middle of dealing with a "problem" guest. When my wife and I headed to our room it was down an extremely clean and freshly painted hallway. Upon entering the room yes it did smell a little musty but keep in mind that this is a closed up room in a humid area, not the hotels fault. Crack a window, turn on the AC and problem solved. The room itself was very clean, I always pull up the mattress to check for bugs be it a Super 8 or a Hilton. The box springs were immaculate. The little kitchenette was also a bonus as we had a lot of leftovers our first night out and were able to put them in the fridge and heat them up for lunch the next day. Instant $20.00 savings. Keep in mind there is no shampoo or blow dryer but all else is available and if you need more it is at the front desk. As for people who complained about people hanging out in front, it is an extended stay and you really cant expect them to stay in a room ALL day. All in all I got a clean, comfortable room in a very safe location less than 3 miles from the cruise terminal, 5 miles from downtown Charleston and close to many great dining places. Plus there is a Harris Teeter nearby. A VERY pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Robert - Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and felt that we are a great value for the money. As well, it is great to read that you liked your room, especially the kitchen, and found our location to be clean, comfortable as well as safe.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting such a great review with so many positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was decent and relatively clean. It was equipped with a small kitchen, which was handy. The breakfast was nothing to brag about. They didn't even have milk. Kids don't normally drink coffee with their breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
John - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that that you were not satisfied with our grab-and-go breakfast. We will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to this feature. Still, I am glad that you liked your room, especially the kitchen.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at CMP@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed at this particular hotel in Mount Pleasant SC for 10 weeks while I was on a contract assignment with the VA Hospital. Overall the location was excellent because it was in Mount Pleasant SC and conveniently located to shopping and restaurants, etc... The hotel was average. It was basically a budget extended stay hotel which would be above Value Place and Inn Town Suites. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
William - Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and close proximity to shopping. We do feel we are truly a great value for the dollar. Also, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the clean room and comfortable new beds. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Good location. Recently renovated. Close to park/pier, trader joes, whole foods, stores, restaurants. Staff a bit clueless about services (gym affiliation details, cleaning services). Some guests loud, constantly smoking/lounging at community entrances.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank TravelORN
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay. I was so happy to hear that you loved our location and the great stores and restaurants close by. I do apologize that my staff was not able to assist you with a local gym or cleaning service in the area. We do continue to train our staff to provide great guest service. We also pride ourselves in being a 100% smoke free hotel and I do understand your concern about guest going outside to smoke and lounge, but with all the beautiful weather we have been having I can see why they want to be outdoors. I am just thankful that they respect the non smoking guest and do go outside.

We hope to have you as a guest again in the future at our hotel or any of our other locations. Thank you again for your review.