“Great stay, except the hot water.”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great stay, except the hot water.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great price and very friendly, helpful staff. The room was nice and spacious. My only issue was the lukewarm water when I took a shower. The others in the room didn't have a problem, only me, so maybe it was a one time thing. Other than that, it was nice.

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and your spacious room during your stay with us. Still, I apologize that you had issues with your hot water. I will be informing our maintenance staff of this issue to ensure it does not continue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was in town for a friends wedding and we booked about 5 months ahead of our stay. Doing this have us an AMAZING price for our room! Lots of shops and dining around the area of this hotel. A bit far from touristy places but overall loved this hotel and the area!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Emily G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Emily - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that enjoyed our hotel's great location. The next time you visit, please checkout the new waterfront park right at the end of our street, less than a half a mile away.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was a clean place to stay with a comfortable queen-sized bed (although I was told it had a bed and a couch, but, had a bed and chair); very few amenities--no maid service for 2 or less days, no ice machine, no pool ( in charleston, SC...????!!) and very scant, 'packaged' breakfast.

But, it was conveniently located to downtown charleston and to the great restaurants in Mt. P...and the beach is less than 10 minutes away.

Overall, not a bad place, but expected more for the 'bargain' price hotwire made me think i was getting ;)

Room Tip: no pool here; plan to go to the beach, if you want R & R by the water
Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with the amenities we offer. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was only here for a few nights but would definitely prefer this over a standard hotel room if I were to be long term. It had a full size refrigerator, stove top and sink as well as a large closet area. I think you could really make the room cozy by bringing items from home and they allow pets. It is in a great location and the front desk is very friendly. The Grab N Go breakfast is very basic, but much better than nothing!
Easy drive to downtown Charleston as well as Shem Creek and the Beach.

Room Tip: I would suggest a higher floor so that your window isn't facing the ground floor parking lot (pe...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Although this is a chain hotel and not some fancy boutique inn, I have to commend the Extended Stay and its staff for a wonderful stay. Sharon, the nightly front desk manager, is especially appreciated for her courteousness and friendly smile. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad that you were pleased with our location and the great service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bluffton, Sc
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Convenient to getting onto bridge for downtn, convenient to Isle of Palms & Shem Creek. Off the main road. Inside: no lobby, not very inviting downstrs. Little kitchen in room, decent room - size of room, décor, bed. Breakfast bars.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I apologize that you did not find our downstairs to be welcoming. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We didn't need an extended stay location but it had great rates so we decided to book it. It is a nice place, clean, and convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful! I would stay here again! Having a stove, refrigerator, and microwave was also handy!

Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I am so pleased that we were able to provide you with a clean, convenient stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and your fully equipped kitchen. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.