“Last minute Fourth of July trip with perfect location.”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very convenient location and a GREAT value on a holiday weekend.
I had limited interaction with the staff, but anytime I did need something, they were very accommodating. Grab and go breakfast for a hard time in online reviews, but they had muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, coffee. It was fine for us.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mgpayne7
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel on your last minute trip to Charleston. I am so glad that you appreciated our affordable rates, our accommodating staff, and our grab-and-go breakfast. Thank you again for your kind review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We made a last minute decision to go back to Charleston but most hotels were booked up. We paid more ($130) than our usual budget amount, but there were no disappointments here. Clean room, very nice, quiet and on the second floor.

Room 208 had a queen bed, a few desk chairs, desk, small table, double burner stove and microwave. We didn't cook any though.

Staff: We needed a hair dryer and a coffee maker (for my cuban coffee) but it was no problem when we asked Elizabeth. She was very nice and professional.

Be advised: Breakfast is coffee, hot tea, breakfast bars, apples and and oatmeal. That's all.No waffles, toast, bagels, eggs, etc. It's just not the same as most hotels.It was perfect for us but some guests may want a bigger spread. No juice for kids, if you have them.

The good trade off is that you can fix meals yourself in your room. There's no dining area so you take it to go (by design) or bring it back to your room. Maybe it will work for you.

Excellent Location: Walk across the busy street to Sticky Fingers BBQ, Moe's, Staples, a grocery store, etc.Patriots point is a very close drive.

Only two comments, very very minor: 1) the night clerk needs to lose her chewing gum if she wants to keep up with Elizabeth's professionalism. 2) The smoking area is in the front entry area. My wife said that some (not her) travelers may feel a little scared walking by some of the guests.

I would go back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments. It's great to hear that you loved your clean, quiet room and our wonderful location. I was also pleased to hear that Elizabeth was so nice and professional. Thank you again for your kind words. We are constantly working with our staff to ensure each of them is improving and preforming to our standards.

We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future, so I was so happy to read that you will be back for sure. Thank you again for posting your review.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

When I arrived there was good parking, fast check in, nice people at the desk, clean room and clean amenities. Made great suggestions of where to eat and take my pre teen son to site see.
No complaints!

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Nichole - It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that your check-in was fast, our staff was friendly, and you liked your clean room. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great price and very friendly, helpful staff. The room was nice and spacious. My only issue was the lukewarm water when I took a shower. The others in the room didn't have a problem, only me, so maybe it was a one time thing. Other than that, it was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and your spacious room during your stay with us. Still, I apologize that you had issues with your hot water. I will be informing our maintenance staff of this issue to ensure it does not continue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was in town for a friends wedding and we booked about 5 months ahead of our stay. Doing this have us an AMAZING price for our room! Lots of shops and dining around the area of this hotel. A bit far from touristy places but overall loved this hotel and the area!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Emily G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Emily - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that enjoyed our hotel's great location. The next time you visit, please checkout the new waterfront park right at the end of our street, less than a half a mile away.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was a clean place to stay with a comfortable queen-sized bed (although I was told it had a bed and a couch, but, had a bed and chair); very few amenities--no maid service for 2 or less days, no ice machine, no pool ( in charleston, SC...????!!) and very scant, 'packaged' breakfast.

But, it was conveniently located to downtown charleston and to the great restaurants in Mt. P...and the beach is less than 10 minutes away.

Overall, not a bad place, but expected more for the 'bargain' price hotwire made me think i was getting ;)

Room Tip: no pool here; plan to go to the beach, if you want R & R by the water
Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with the amenities we offer. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was only here for a few nights but would definitely prefer this over a standard hotel room if I were to be long term. It had a full size refrigerator, stove top and sink as well as a large closet area. I think you could really make the room cozy by bringing items from home and they allow pets. It is in a great location and the front desk is very friendly. The Grab N Go breakfast is very basic, but much better than nothing!
Easy drive to downtown Charleston as well as Shem Creek and the Beach.

Room Tip: I would suggest a higher floor so that your window isn't facing the ground floor parking lot (pe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!