“Challenging course at reasonable price”

Charleston National Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Semi-private & Rees Jones designed; he called Charleston National "One of the elite venues in golf." Charleston National is a Rees Jones designed championship 18 hole golf course that is open to the public year round. Rated by Golf Digest as the best non-resort course in the Charleston area, it truly is Charleston’s “hidden gem.” Charleston National offers exceptional values for your golfing experience. In addition to an outstanding golf course, you will enjoy our full size, state of the art, practice facility, and our Rees Jones pub.
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was a well kept course that had a lot of variety in play. - Many of the holes crossed Marshes to make more for scenic play. - the price of $63 seemed quite reasonable.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Have played several course in Mt Pleasant area and for the money, this one ranked up there. I have played the ocean front course at Wild Dunes and it was VERY NICE but it was also very expensive. This course was a really nice course for the money. Highly recommend it. Gold Pro in the shop was great. The course was in great shape, and it played really well. Tough course so bring some spare balls. In an outgoing tide you can see 100's of balls in the tidal swamps... it has claimed many golf balls.

1  Thank Sean F
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Charleston National was a mixed experience for our foursome. The pro shop was very accommodating, the bag drop and starter were also fine. The course is in fair condition, but does offer great views. The course needs to be better marked as to where the next hole locations are as the two groups in front of us went the wrong way! This worked out well for us, as the pace of play improved dramatically, but I'm sure it didn't work out for groups well behind us. After playing this course once, I feel it was worth playing, but I don't have much interest in returning to the curse. I play over 100 rounds a year, live in Myrtle Beach, play to a 6 handicap, and think there are better opportunities in the Charleston area.

2  Thank tinmyrtlebeach
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The river and harbour views from the course are magnificent. The course is very challenging, but forgiving on some holes. The course is usually very busy, but the staff are friendly and helpful. One of the delightful public courses in the Charleston area.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I have played this Rees Jones course multi[le times. Each time, I promise myself that I will not return. While the design is far superior to Patriot Point Links, the condition of the course is typically inferior. The pace of play -- even when few are on the course -- is dreadful. I have quit playing multiple times. I have called the pro shop to request that a ranger move things along and nothing has happened. If you are part of a slow-playing foursome that enjoys 5+ hour rounds, this may be the best place to play. Here is a reason to play there: they run occasional promotional fees that induce you to go there for the bargain price.

4  Thank ColoradoGolfTraveler