Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We had a nice stay, we had a quiet room on the 4th floor. The breakfast was good, eggs, sausage, bacon, gravy etc...we had a view of the pool. The weather was really cold, so we did not get to use the pool. Desk staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your time. I hope the next time you stay it will be warm enough to use the pool.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with family as part of a youth soccer tournament weekend. $200/night for a March Saturday and Sunday. New and clean, has a workout room with only elliptical, bike, and treadmill (one of each and no weights). Decent breakfast included, and nice lobby with a big screen where I watched some NCAA bball tourney late in the evening after dinner. Rooms are clean, reasonably spacious. Location is good. Easy access back into Charleston (hotel is literally just across the Ravenel bridge on Hwy 17) with easy access to Mt Pleasant's restaurants too. Price probably a little higher than normal because we were here during Spring Break for many schools in the Carolinas and Ga. Still I am only giving an average because of the price. I've had similar stays, admittedly in less touristy cities for $130 or less.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueMonsoon
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you felt the price was high. We try to stay very competitive with the surrounding area and our rates are comparable to all of the hotels in Mt. Pleasant. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.
Chapin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

This was our second visit to the HIE in Mount Pleasant and it will not be our last. It is very clean, the staff is friendly and efficient, and the location is perfect for visiting anywhere in the area. The breakfast is an added benefit!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate that you have stayed with us before and plan on returning. I am glad to know that we have made a positive impression on you. We hope to see you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have stayed here many times and I have always been thrilled.
Not only is the staff helpful but they go out of their way to make sure my stay is perfect.
The rooms are top notch, clean and roomy. Breakfast is always a treat. The location is
very convient and close to everything. I will certainly be back!
Thanks again to the staff who in my book are outstanding!!!
Sincerely
Sondra Skibbe

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found our staff so accomodating. We take great pride in our service and I am glad that they exceeded your expectations. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to the area.
Ponce Inlet, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

This hotel was wonderful! We stayed Thursday evening through Sunday morning and were very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is just minutes from downtown, not far from the beaches, and is centrally located around almost every attraction in Charleston. The rooms were comfortable and accommodating (my husband and I kept joking that we wanted to take the sheets home with us!), and the housekeepers did a wonderful job cleaning the room every day. The hotel staff were all very friendly. Overall, we had a wonderful experience, and would definitely return and recommend friends to stay here as well!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you so much for you lovely review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our entire staff and the jobs that they do. I am so glad that this high level of service is what you experienced. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.
mt. pleasant, sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here about 18 months ago. I liked it then, but I love it now. Not only was the service so much better, the housekeeping staff, which rarely get its due, was outstanding. I am not a morning person. I dont get up till 10:30 or 11 AM most days. Not only were the housekeepers very quiet, the other guests rarely let a door slam. Everyone was respectful of one another and very polite. About the rooms, Seriously, i have stayed on all sides of the hotel and they are all great. If you want a view take a back room overlooking the pool. Also, this is a green hotel. they try very hard to recycle and use earth friendly products. The front desk manager reagan is the best. Her two right hand gals, sharon and mallory are also super. they all go out of their way to help and i have never seen either of them be anything but professional at all times. Its also located at the foot of the Ravenel Bridge which is near everything. there's a 24 hour supermarket and whole foods across the street. The ride to downtown is 10 minutes and there are restaurants galore not more then 10 minutes in the other direction. this hotel is a winner all the way around. Stay here, you'll love it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank holly k
I know you told me I didn't have to respond, but I just have to. It was a joy to have you and I thank you so much for your lovely review. I hope to see you again soon.
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

The hotel was in a safe area; our room was clean. It was a good size. By car it was easy to get to the Visitor Center where we parked and toured the city. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The temperature in the business center could not be controlled with the thermostat. One night it was hot as hell in there. I was told that I could prop the door open if I wished. My only problem was the rate. We got an AAA rate. The rate for Wednesday and Thursday was 98.99 plus over $13.00 in taxes and fees. Our rate on Friday night was 179.99 plus over $23.00 in taxes and fees. I realize that on Fridays and Saturdays, the rates sometimes increase, but an $81.00 increase seems MOST UNREASONABLE.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that the staff was helpful and you fiound the rooms to nice and clean. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.