Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed three nights for an anniversary trip and can't say enough good things about this hotel. Check-in/check-out was fast and convenient. Room was immaculate, comfy bed and pillows. Great water pressure. Mini-fridge and microwave were convenient and nice to have. Common areas were clean, good breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff, we were acknowledged each and every time we walked past the front desk. Very quiet. The hotel was centrally located to everything we wanted to do. Minutes from Patriot's Point and Shem Creek and just a short drive to Boone Hall Plantation, Sullivan's Island and Charleston. This hotel exceeded our expectations. Would recommend and will most definitely stay again on future trips to the Charleston/Mt. Pleasant area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

I am so happy you decided to spend your anniversary with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you got to experience all of the lovely things our area has to offer. Please stay with us again should you return to Charleston/ Mt. Pleasant.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

52 friends on a tour of Charleston. Nice location just across the river next to Patriot's Point. Very clean, nice rooms, great value compared with the Historic District, good hot breakfast, very nice people.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing us for your group. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We didn't personally stay here but if you are looking for a block of rooms for wedding guests I'd highly recommend it. We blocked rooms for our guests and they all had an enjoyable experience. The staff was friendly and they held gift bags at the front desk for us to give to our out-of-town guests. Very affordable for the area and they were great to work with!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

We appreciate you utilizing our facility for your wedding party. It is always a pleasure to be involved in such a joyous time. I am happy that your guests enjoyed their time with us and I hope you will look to us again for any future get togethers.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We had friends book here using a block that the hotel reserved for us. We had several people tell us that they were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the amenities that were provided. They enjoyed the ease of getting to the Isle of Palms and also to Charleston, at an affordable price.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

I am so glad to hear that your guests enjoyed their time with us. We strive very hard to give a great experience to all of our guests. Thank you for your review and have a lovely day.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The staff in this hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Everyone spoke to us and were always ready to help. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and sheets and towels were always changed when asked. The only downside of this hotel was that the bottom sheet on the bed was not a good fit and no matter how I tried it always came away and crumpled under me. The sheets and pillow cases were also a bit on the thin side and I felt they could rip at the slightest strain. However, that was a minor issue and, on the whole, we were delighted with this hotel and would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad the staff made an impression on you and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear about the issue with the sheets, but thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I can address the matter with housekeeping. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is the 3rd year we have stayed at the Mt. Pleasant Holiday Inn Express, and each year we are amazed at the professionalism and patience of the staff. The rooms are spacious & clean, and the breakfast is always amazing. The location can't be beat! We love coming to Charleston as an 8th grade class and we are so blessed to have such amazing experience at the Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to our return next April!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you have returned with the kids each year. We enjoyed having you and they were great (very well behaved and polite). I hope we will see you again next year.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed at the Express on a Sunday and Monday night. First the good....staff was outstanding, from the front desk on down. For the price I paid, I feel that I got a great deal. Location is perfect for a short ride into Downtown Charleston. Room was large and very clean. Bathroom was upscale with marble and granite. Pool area, while small, was cozy and relaxing. Continental breakfast was an enjoyable bonus. Now the bad....the walls, in my room anyway, are paper thin. The snoring from the room next door was so loud it sounded like he/she was in the bed next to me. Kept me up from 4 a.m. on. And the parents with the kids in the room next to ours should have be scoulded themselves. Come on, control your kids folks. it's a hotel for pete sakes, not a playground. Management should have taken control of the situation. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. Would I recommend it to a friend? Absolutely. Just bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mark l

Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the noise level. We try to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay. We certainly would have addressed any noise complaints that we received. I am glad you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay though, and I hope the you will stay with us again should you return to the area.