“Everything about this hotel was perfect!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Boone, NC
“Everything about this hotel was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

There's really nothing about this hotel I can complain about! Where to start...

Basics: Hotel is very clean and the staff acknowledged me every time I encountered them.

Sleep Quality: The bed mattress was a Simmons Beautyrest and gave me the best sleep I've had in a hotel yet (including the pillows!).

Room: GREAT! It was modernly decorated and very cozy. I always look for hotels with fridges, and we had a microfridge and microwave in our room. The TV had the most channels I've ever seen in a hotel, hands down! Had to be over 200 channels all of which were in HD, plus an interactive guide. The bathroom was very spacious, and very clean!

Location: PERFECT! It's right at the Cooper River Bridge and less than 10 minutes to downtown Charleston. Patriots Point is about a mile across the street. There's a really nice park at the Cooper River Bridge that you could walk to (forgot the name of the park) and it also has a pier on the water. If you're coming to Charleston or Patriots Point and don't need to stay on the beach, stay here!

Breakfast: Free, and very good. They even had a pancake maker. Only thing I didn't like were the scrambled eggs (had nacho cheese inside them). Great selection of stuff though!

Final thoughts: I prefer to stay on the water for the views and serene setting, but if I'm on a budget or short trip, I'll be staying at this hotel again!! You can find cheaper hotels in Mt. Pleasant, but you get what you pay for there. The price here was just right. If it were any cheaper, I'd question why. If you're like me and constantly compare hotels online to find the best one, stop with this one!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. It wasn't really bad, but for the really light sle...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your time with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Monticello
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hotel is located within 7 minute drive to Downtown Charleston tourist locations. Much cheaper than a hotel in Charleston. Stayed for weekend site seeing and hotel was great. Room was clean with updated furnishings. Hotel staff was friendly and informative. This is my second stay @ this particular hotel and will book again when I'm back in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 6CPops
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so happy to know this was a return trip and you chose to stay with us again. I hope to see you again in the future.
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel 2 days while in town for a wedding. It is located just over the bridge to Charleston. You can be downtown in five minutes, which is very convenient and at half the cost of a downtown. Hotel was clean and the rooms were nicely sized. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. It had a nice buffet breakfast. The only complaint I has was the beds were old and worn. The sheets on the bed were old and worn. Eveytime I turned they came loose and I was sleeping on mattress.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank rfenton231
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location convenient for your needs. I do apologize that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. We are in the process of replacing some of the older beds. I hope you will return in the future to enjoy the new mattresses.
Angier, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This Holiday inn was the best hotel I have stayed in. Makes me want to pay the extra money to stay at other holiday inns. The Hotel and rooms were clean. The front staff was very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel. Hotel Is right around the corner from patriots point and an easy drive across the bridge into Charleston. Whenever I return to the area this will be the hotel I will be coming back to.

2 Thank Michael L
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The room was very clean but the king size bed we had this time was horrible. The mattress was very lumpy and worn out. After a nights sleep my husband and I both had back pain from the restless night. The complimentary breakfasts were always good. Alittle disappointed with the sleep but pleased with the location and friendliness.

1 Thank KeithNSandra
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry you felt the mattress was lumpy. We are in the process of replacing some of the older mattresses. Next time you stay with us you should have a nice, comfy sleep. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The HIE and suites in Mount Pleasant is a very nice hotel the food is way above average for a HIE with more variety in the food selection. For the price, it is far better to stay here and go over the bridge to Charlestown. What really made the stay more perfect was the pair of young ladies at the desk who with their smiles, attentiveness to detail, and personality brought cheer for each arrival or departing guest.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. Especially your acknowledgement of Dana and Sydney. They truly are assets to our team.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

This was the best hotel our family stayed at on our 2 week road trip. The room was sparkling clean, the front desk staff extremely knowledgeable and helpful and the location perfect. We will be coming back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! We hope to see you again soon!