“Good location to restaurants, clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
“Good location to restaurants, clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

We stayed here one night for a short trip to Charleston. We were looking to just hang out at the beach and eat seafood. The drive to Sullivan's Island or Isle of Palms with traffic and parking is about 20-30 minutes. The hotel appears to be recently renovated, our room was nice and clean. The breakfast is standard: muffins, bagels, oatmeal, biscuits, sausage, bacon, juices and coffee. They do offer chips and lemonade between 3-5pm, which is nice with kids. The pool is nice and has a little fountain and stayed busy during the weekend. They also offer a late check out. The hotel is around many yummy restaurants (within driving distance) and isn't too far from downtown Charleston. Would recommend if looking for a value in Charleston and not too far from the beach or downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient for your needs. I hope you will return in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed two nights while we visited the sights, including Ft. Sumter and the USS Yorktown. Checkin was a breeze and we were in time for their evening snacks. Nice surprise.
The room was clean, comfortable and had a mini refrigerator which was perfect for us. There were plenty of near by restaurants to choose from and we had a great night sleep.
Breakfast had plenty of choices and lots of room to sit.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding guests stay here and heard nothing but nice things about it. This hotel is an excellent choice and is close to the bridge for easy access to downtown without the downtown prices. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in the mount pleasant area.

• Stayed August 2014
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
We are so happy that you chose our hotel for such a special event. I am thrilled to hear that your guests enjoyed themselves and I do hope you will keep us in mind in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Clean hotel located right off the bridge in Mount Pleasant. Very convenient to downtown Charleston as well as to Folly Beach. The hotel staff was helpful and courteous, the parking was free, and the room was impeccable. I stayed alone and was upgraded to a room with a king-sized bed and a large bathroom. I would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn Express again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return in the future.
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just concluded a "girls trip" and had a great stay at this hotel. We had two rooms.....one of the Presidential Suites which has two bedrooms and a living room and we had more than enough room. The room also had a wet bar with fridge and microwave. Even though there was a bank of kitchen cabinets around the wet bar...there were no glasses, plates, etc (they were all bare).

My bed was extremely comfortable...however my friend on the pull out sofa did not fare as well as she says it was extremely uncomfortable due to the thin mattress, coils, etc.

We had a HUGE bathroom with a separate shower and jacuzzi tub and while we had hot water and great water pressure, the force of the water was not as great as I would have liked (and we adapted the shower head all possible ways).

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good........there were both boiled and scrambled eggs, oat meal, instant grits, various breads and pastries, pancakes, bacon and turkey sausage, cold cereals, and fruits....most people should be able to find something to start off their day.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful......especially the women working breakfast area.

I will definitely stay here again.....location was great as we were just 15 minutes from downtown Charleston as well as Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island. We saved greatly by not paying "island" prices nor for hotel parking in the historic district (but close by).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank carolinasunshine13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Marianne was very helpful with accommodating my guests for my wedding in August. She went out of her way to help all of my guests receive the discount for a blocked room withing my wedding party block.

• Stayed August 2014
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience. I am glad your wedding guests enjoyed their stay with us.
Fletcher, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I just love this hotel. I will be back again without question next year for the HomeGrown Event. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The location is absolutely perfect. I wasnt very impressed with the staff this go round. I am still having issues with my charges after speaking to four different people in person. I know it will get resolved its just a hassle and shouldnt even be an issue or something I have to keep wasting my time with. The girls that were behind the desk around 6 Friday and Saturday night were awesome. The beafast attendants had sour faces and couldn't keeo up and the cleaning staff Sunday morning was obnoxious.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you got to attend the Homegrown Festival. It is an awesome event. I hope we see you next year.