“Awesome Sailing Instruction! ”

Ocean Sailing Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing Charters & Instruction. Half-day Intro to Sail is $95/person. Also, private sailboat charters for 2 to 6 people for half-day, full day or sunset cruises on Charleston Harbor. Yachts range from 26 to 47 feet. Actively participate in sail handling and steering, or relax and let the captain handle the duties. OSA teaches 1,000 adults, families and teens a year in U.S. Sailing Courses from Basic Keelboat through Ocean Passage. Quality OSA curriculum, instructors and methodology recognized nationwide as exceptional.
Decatur, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Sailing Instruction! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

This was my third session of classes with OSA and would and have recommended them to everyone. I completed the Basic Keelboat series as well as Basic Cruising. I am so looking forward to sailing with OSA again. Toby is an excellent instructor with a vast knowledge of sailing. Looking forward to the Bareboat Cruising class. I have learned so much about sailing.... Thank You OSA!!!!!

Grottaglie, Italy
“Intro to Sailing - Great experience in the Charleston Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Went out for a Sunday morning sail with Captain Robert and absolutely loved it! The students were allowed to sail the boat the entire time under his instruction and it was a blast. We learned the basic sailing terminology, optimal wind and sailing direction, and how to operating all the lines on the boat. The view of the Ravenel bridge and downtown Charleston from the water provide a unique perspective of the Charleston area.

Visited November 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Introduction to sailing: Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My fiance and I went on an introductory class to sailing. It was so much fun and of course educational. They took us on a 3h boat ride throughout the entire Charleston harbor. The weather was great and we saw dolphins! Toby was our captain, who was an excellent teacher with a passion for sailing! We hope to be back soon for one of the other courses!
Thanks a lot!

Visited February 2014
Decatur, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Sailing classes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I just finished my Basic Keelboat I&II class at OSA sailing Academy in Chareston SC. Toby was my sailing instructor, he was an excellent teacher. You can tell by the way Toby teaches he loves to sail. I would recommend this class to anyone that wants to learn to sail. I would also recommend Toby as your sailing instructor!! A+++

341 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 818 helpful votes
“How Cool Is This????”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Adventure is how you know you're alive. That said, you don't have to throw all caution to the wind either.
Sailing is one of those unforgettable EVER experiences. With the seasoned, capable sailors at Ocean Sailing Academy, it doesn't go wrong either.
We went out on a great day - not weather wise, but wind matters - and had the time of our lives! Our nine year old son took the till (with occasional timely assist from Captain Sterling) and worked until he felt like a pro. He knows what he wants to do the rest of his life now. We, his parents, have ideas on what to do when he leaves for college too.
A three hour lesson involves a talk on safety, a quick lecture on the boat, the art of sailing, what to expect and a lot of hands on, let's go, doing it.
OSA boats are small, nimble sailboats that are fun and exciting. They are responsive and thrilling. They give the real feel of flying with the wind. The instructors are knowledgeable and love their job. If you can't tell by the weather burned faces, you'll know by the way they smile from the time they step in the boat until long after they dock.
The price for an adventure like this - as though you can put a price on real life - is ridiculously small. Take the chance. You'll pay more for a fancy dinner and a basket and they'll be gone long before the thrill of an afternoon with OSA loses its edge.
Be warned: you'll have to do it again. Soon and often.

Visited October 2013