“Better than the Amazon!”
Review of Nature Adventures

Nature Adventures
Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Mount Pleasant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston’s Absolute Best Kayak & Canoe tour company. University Degreed Naturalist Guides, Coastal and River Kayak ACA Instructors. Sea or Recreational Kayaks or Canoes. See Dolphins and Pelicans at eye level! Blackwater Swamps with old growth Cypress, Rice Plantations, Barrier Islands, Saltmarsh Creeks, Shrimping Villages & Indian Ruins. Families & Beginners Welcome! “Recommended Outfitter” –National Geographic, On Site Location. Closest company to Charleston! .
Reviewed 5 September 2013

What an adventure! Met with our tour guide John in the Frances Marion Forest and started our kayak adventure with a brief orientation on kayakking. The trip on the black water of the wacamaw was like going into a whole new world! If you have high blood pressure, this trip is guaranteed to bring it down? Saw several gators, 1000 yr old cypress trees, a variety if birds and fora and fauna. John was an outstanding guide! Great workout too!
Highly recommend this trip!

2  Thank Latgrl
NatureAdventures, Kathie Livingston, Owner at Nature Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

We appreciate your kind words here on TripAdvisor, and are glad you enjoyed your time on the Wambaw. It is truly an "Amazon" in an of itself. John loves the forest and is truly an amazing Naturalist. Thank you again for the review and come and paddle with us again sometime!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I recently took the saltwater two-hour tour with NAO. Our guide was great! Having a dolphin swim right next to my kayak was an awesome experience!

2  Thank Janette M
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

I'm so happy to hear your tour left you impressed on all levels, Janette! Having a dolphin swim right next to your kayak sure sounds awesome — the wonder of nature never gets old, does it? Thanks for writing us a stellar review and we'll hope to see you and your husband for another tour soon!

Best,

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We had the best time! It was my first time in a kayak, but Clark made it so easy. He was an excellent guide. We saw several dolphins and hundreds of pelicans. Clark made it all very interesting and I can't wait to do it again.

2  Thank Lorikaysmith

I'm so happy to hear your first kayaking adventure was a hit, Lori! I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to Clark — we certainly feel lucky to have him as a guide! We'll look forward to having you another tour soon!

Best,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I rented a couple kayaks to tour the area. The staff was friendly and we were able to get the kayak experience we were looking for. We even encountered a group of dolphins. I recommend calling in advance and planning your visit around high tide to ensure you can see the most areas.

2  Thank Mason9923
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thanks for your kind words here on TripAdvisor, Jason. I'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us. Giving you the "kayak experience" you were looking for is what we're all about and sharing our love for the area! Thanks again, we look forward to next time!

All the best,

Reviewed 3 August 2013

this was my first time kayaking & felt good about it but was a little nervous. Our guide was reassuring & I did great! He was very knowledgable about kayaking & the entire area. He was also very friendly & aware of safety at all times. The tour was everything I hoped it would be. We had a very leisurely 2 hour tour. We saw many dolphin, caught a glimpse of a manatee, & tons of beautiful birds. Highly recommend! Ask for Kevin!

2  Thank robib_13
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thanks for taking some time to share your experience with us! Showing you a great time, and providing you with a wealth of knowledge is what we're here to do. I can't wait to share this with our team, especially Kevin, because I'm sure they will be just as excited to see it as I was. We hope to have you back again!

All the best,