“The best fried green tomatoes”
Review of BuddyRoe's Shrimp Shack - CLOSED

BuddyRoe's Shrimp Shack
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Tucked halfway between Mount Pleasant proper and Sullivan’s Island is the little seafood eatery the New York Post proclaimed was "a sleeper" with 'shrimp that is nothing short of miraculous’. Buddy Roe’s doesn’t claim to be a five star restaurant. What they lack in overpriced menu items they more than make up for in total ambiance. BuddyRoe’s is a clean little hangout where locals converge to enjoy palette pleasing local fresh shrimp, fried oysters, fish Tacos, awesome burgers, throw back a couple of beers, and listen to great live music performed by some of the best local musicians. Think red dirt Texas roadhouse meets tropical Key West beach and you have the recipe for BuddyRoe’s Shrimp Shack. This is truly a laid back tropical paradise that is certain to satisfy all your senses, especially your taste buds and hearing.......like being on vacation!
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The fried tomatoes are seasoned well and have a light crisp coating. Hands down they are the best that I have tasted. The fried shrimp basket that I had them toss in the hot bacon sauce was very good as were the crispy fresh cut fries. The shrimp are large and very fresh. I split this order with a friend for lunch and did not go away hungry. Our server was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a great lunch at Buddy Roes. I saw Buddy Roes on an episode of "Southern Charm" and made my husband take me there for lunch. It was fun and the food was fantastic! I had the fried oyster basket and my husband had the fried shrimp with hot bacon dressing, out of this world good! The beer was cold and we enjoyed sitting on the deck while we enjoyed the delicious food.

1  Thank jmrWinterville
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived ahead of the evening rush, around 5 pm. There were two servers on the floor. We sat down, and after a 10 minute wait, we left. No server, no water, no service when it was slow.

ronnie6542, Owner at BuddyRoe's Shrimp Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review and bringing to my attention a problem that we didn't realize that we were having until a couple of these reviews have come up.

We are addressing this problem now with replacing some employees, with lack of urgency, and bringing in new ones and a hostess to help facilitate our guest.

I hope that you will please try us again and ask for me, Ronnie Johnson , or Kim so that we can personally thank you for coming back and making sure you have a good experience as we do care.

Our food is really good...we are very proud of that....please accept our apologies and hope to see you soon.

Thanks so much,
Ronnie Johnson
Owner

Reviewed 27 May 2014

On a recent warm Friday evening my wife and I and a couple of friends stopped in at Buddy Roe's Shrimp Shack for dinner after hearing about it from a co-worker. The place is nothing special to look at but the atmosphere was a true local's dive that was just what we were looking for. They had the best shrimp tacos and home fries I've had in quite a while. The young lady serving our outdoor deck table was new to the job and took extra good care of us. We will definately be back.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Not real crazy about live music, so we go early around 4-4:30. The food is very good We have tried the sweet bourbon and jerk shrimp. Both are very good. Hush puppies were a bit too done. Service was quick. Casual dining.