“Unbelievably poor service and food. Owner even used profanity”
Review of Neil Jordan's Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Neil Jordan's Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2013

First, I want to start off by saying I never write reviews. This is actually the first time I have felt compelled to let people know what an absolute horrible experience I had. I took my best friend here for her birthday and as soon as we sat down and ordered drinks it went down hill. It took 20 minutes to get our drinks and when we did my friends beer was hot! The waiter then informed her there were only 3 miller lites left. It took him probably 20 more minutes to come back over and take our order. My friend tried to order 2 different things on the menu, but was told they ran out. We still decided to stay and ride it out. An hour later ( there was no one at the restaurant, only a handful of people) we get our meal. Our bake potatoes were ice cold and the steaks were well done and we ordered medium rare. We didn't eat one bite! We told the waiter and he got the manager. She apologized and said she would take care of it. We decided not to even stay, by this time we had been there for almost 2 hours. We sat at out table for 15-20 more minutes and no one ever came back. So we got up and left. We went next door to get a drink and 30 minutes later our waiter and another staff member came down announcing to the bar that we walked out on a $90 tab. We directly walked back to restaurant to rectify the situation. We were informed the owner was there. We walked up to her and she started announcing very loudly in front of the entire restaurant here are the two girls who think it is ok to walk out on a $90 tab. I was flabbergasted. She stuck her finger in my friends face and used numerous curse words. We asked to go to the back where we could have a discussion about this and she was extremely rude. She kept saying we haven't seen ugly yet. She was literally threatening us. I have never been talked to this way before. I couldn't even believe what was happening. The manager also came to the back along with the waiter. The manager told her she said she was taking care of the bill at that time the owner said she was going to be nice and let us go! I sighed because this was completely ridiculous and the owner got in my face and said what did you say, trying to start a physical altercation. I have never been spoken to like this before, and feel like I need to do something about it. I hope people will read this and not go to this poor establishment and please let everyone else you know, too.

4  Thank Chassullivan

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The ambiance of this restaurant is outstanding. The place has undergone some tumultuous staffing issues and it has therefore been inconsistent, ranging from average to outstanding. Not sure where they are at the moment, but there are not many places with atmosphere in their neck of the woods, so worth a stop if in the area. Steaks are the specialty and they have always been good. Pricing is a bit on the high side for the area.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Neil Jordan's is a waste of space, the food is over priced and the owner is a drunk who hires her drunk friends to work there. Some of the kitchen staff don't wash their hands and the waitstaff is nothing to brag about! And the big girl behind the bar is loud and always has her breast out. Don't bother with this place my bread had mold on it!!!?

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I decided to try out Neil Jordan's because I found a Living Social deal. The atmosphere was very nice, but the food was not good. I ordered the salmon risotto, and it tasted salty, and honestly, I felt like I could have made it better myself at home. The same thing goes for my husband's meal. He ordered steak and smashed potatoes. The steak was cooked as requested, but the smashed potatoes were just bland. For such a high priced menu, I just expected better.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We tried it for our fifth time thinking the food and prices would eventually blend together. Not happening ..The live music in the bar (obviously) prevented our inattentive waiter from getting our order correct. Never received the salad we ordered. The filet was extremely undercooked, ordered medium rare, and tough, the pork chop was overcooked,ordered medium rare, and also extremely tough. Every time we have dined at this restaurant we were hoping they would get it right, It will not happen again to us. We have finally learned our lesson. The waiter did offer to get the manager (the bartender) but he never came to our table. Obviously, didn't care. Wonder why we were the only diners in the entire restaurant at 8:00 pm.????Save your money.

4  Thank Tucker D