“Bad experience altogether ”
Review of Umi

Umi
Ranked #182 of 350 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Went here by myself for a quick bite to eat after a few coworkers who live in Park West recommended it. Gyoza dumplings were super greasy, of which I ate 2. Decided to go basic with a Cali roll (my initial deciding factor at any first time visit to a sushi joint)...simply put it was GROSS. Soggy, warm & almost "sweaty" like texture. I ate 2 of the lil rolls & got the check. Cannot comment on anything other than these 2 items, but if you know seriously good sushi & rolls go elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We went in with a large family of all age groups. No one walked away hungry!! Sushi was out of this world.. Best i have ever had and the staff was very friendly and smiled alot,,, seem to really like to please there costumers.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Sometimes you just need a really great quick Japanese take out and this is it! They are so great! Always great food and friendly. My family orders hibachi dinners and they never fail! Always hot and fresh! So great!

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times & the food is consistently good. The staff is always friendly & service is quick. I usually order hibachi chicken and/or sushi. The quality of the food is excellent and perfectly cooked. The steak is also good.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I visited Umi with my sister and my niece. The quality of the food was excellent - sushi for my sister and my niece, a steak and shrimp hibachi lunch for me. Although the fried rice with my lunch was plain, the steak, shrimp and vegetables were very tasty. Prices are very reasonable and the service is quite friendly.