“Fine Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Fine Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

After reading several other reviews and checking out the area we decided to stay outside of Charleston proper and stayed at the Mt. Pleasant Residence Inn. This location is amazing. Just a quick 15 minute ride to center of downtown and 15 minutes to Sullivan Island and Isle of Palms, and Shem Creek which has great outdoor on the water happy hour bars. Folly Beach was just 30 minutes. The Residence Inn staff really made us feel like welcomed family.
Marilynd at the front desk was awesome, from her over the top friendliness to all the great recommendations on where to eat and what to order! She did not dissapoint! The front desk manager (sorry did not get her name) was so helpful and friendly. Each nite upon our return they were interested in knowing where we ate and went. The property is very clean, beds are so comfortable and great breakfasts with lots of variety. Easy access to all the main highways. If we travel again to Charleston we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The hotel is pet friendly and if you are not traveling with a pet and are concerned about yappy dogs...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The room I stayed in was quite dated. I believe it should be due for renovation, the sofa in the living room looks old, and the room did not smell fresh at all. The room setup is basic Marriott Residence Inn setup. My room was on the ground floor and facing another room. Pluses: Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a big supermarket and few shops within walking distance from the hotel. Target is a 15-min leisurely walk away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn for two nights while visiting the Charleston area. The two bedroom suite was great for my family to spread out in and get plenty of sleep. We were ready for long walks in Charleston during the day! It was also nice to have a grocery store and a few restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. One night we enjoyed making dinner in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool, shopping center, or parking area instead of the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Apex, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was our first time staying in Mount Pleasant and at this hotel. We would definitely return. I travel a lot for business and try to stay at Marriott properties. When we checked in, I was impressed with the staff that someone had actually read my profile and assigned my room per my request. All staff members I encountered during my stay were friendly, knowledgeable and provided excellent customer service. The location is perfect as it is close to the Isle of Palms and not far from Charleston. There is a nice selection of restaurants and lots of shopping. The room was clean and the decor was nice. The breakfast had a nice variety. The staff in the dining room were very efficient in making sure the trays of hot food were replenished. Overall I would highly this hotel when visiting the area and we plan to return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Frustrated that GPS does not find the street address and no signs along the street as we got close. Had to call the front desk twice for directions. Very nice welcome once we arrived. Enjoyed the "Southern Dinner" evening meal selection of shrimp and grits, salads, garlic biscuits and cookies along with adult beverages. Two room units very clean but bedroom has Queen size bed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley K
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed twice before at this hotel, and have really enjoyed it. This time we were a bit less happy. We were pleased to see the rooms have been upgraded; they were actually very nice. But, we were definitely disappointed in the breakfast. That is our favorite meal, and we have always enjoyed at this RI. However, on this trip, food and beverages were lukewarm at best, if not cold (love those chilly eggs and sausage). Also, we are hot tea drinkers, so are not pleased when the hot water for our tea had obviously been put in a carafe which also had housed coffee. Might sound a bit petty, but for those of you who cherish your breakfast, and coffee/tea in the morning, I think you will appreciate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mam59
Scott L, Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for expressing your concerns during your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the breakfast foods being cold. I have spoken to my kitchen staff and made them aware of the situation and to constantly check all the temperatures of the hot foods that they serving each morning. We will be implementing a time chart to ensure this doesn't become a recurring issue. I'm thankful that you brought this to our attention, as we strive to better improve ourselves and our guest experiences.
Once again, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience and please if your ever in the Charleston area again, allow us the opportunity to make your next stay a more enjoyable one.

Scott Leckie
SC
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here over night and will stay here again. I had a free night on my Marriott card and found we needed a room for one night in Mt Pleasant. CHecked in fairly late and checked out at 5 am due to hospital schedule. They were not serving breakfast when we left, so we cannot comment on on that. We did grab a beer and some chips from the supper offering of hamburgers. Stalest chips ever! Threw them away!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business